SoftSheen-Carson Bodifying Relaxer for fine hair

strenght81

Hello Everyone, this is my first post on the boards but I have been a lurker for about 5 years, you guys give excellent advice. I am beginning to get serious about my hair care and would only love to have healthy hair for now, my ultimate goal is shoulder lenght hair or shorter.

My question is has anyone one used the Optimum Care Bodyfying Relaxer for fine hair and does it really work?

My hair is very coarse but after I perm it, it becomes so thin and then after a a few washes its fuller again I don't get it. I really want a perm that will maintain thickness after the application. Thank you for all your responses.

Hi!

I am glad you list this relaxer. I too am looking for a relaxer that allows for wash n' go's, roller sets, and that smooth "Aaliah(?) look."

I hope you get more responses. I will looking to this relaxer. It sounds like it will do the trick for what your wanting to accomplish.

destiny616 said:
this is the only place that i could find it online

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.yahoo.net/oc20481hn.html

I just checked your suggested website and it only comes in Mild. I think since many women with fine hair also have sensitive hair therfore they don't want to cause more damage. But my hair is coarse but I do have fine strands, it's so weird to me. I wonder if they have it in regular or coarse somewhere else.

strenght81 said:
I just checked your suggested website and it only comes in Mild. I think since many women with fine hair also have sensitive hair therfore they don't want to cause more damage. But my hair is coarse but I do have fine strands, it's so weird to me. I wonder if they have it in regular or coarse somewhere else.

This mild relaxer may work for you.

My old hair dresser used super for eveybody. He said that if you hair was fine he would shorten the processing time, and if your hair was long he would increase the processing time, and so on. Could you follow this same formula? Could you leave it on longer for your coarse texture and get the results your hoping for?

Just a suggestion.

THIS SOUNDS VERY VERY INTERESTING. i'M ACTUALLY SCURRED TO BE A GUINEA PIG RIGHT NOW BUT i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING MANY SUCCESS STORIES ABOUT IT ON FUTURE THREADS.

I bought mine from Kmart but I have not used it yet. I hopefully I will get to use it this weekend. I will get back to you.

i brought this relaxer when i first saw it advertised in a magazine back at the end of October went all over searching for it...and found it at superwalmart...but when i got ready to relax i didnt use it i used ORS... sorry...my hair is fine also....but i was more tempted to try the ORS again...

I have a review for this relaxer.......

Okay I have been using the Optimum regular No Lye relaxer for 3 years now, with no problems whatsoever.

I applied the relaxer as directed, when I went to rinse out the relaxer I used the Opti Normalizer (in maroon bottle for the multi mineral line---by the way this relaxer sucks) then I neutralized and proceeded with my leave ins and serum.

Okay the next day, my hair felt like silk ( i was underprocessed though) maybe I didnt leave it in long enough, considering it was a mild formula.

Would I use this again, probably not. I prefer soft & beautiful no lye now. I think it makes my hair feel the same as this and it much cheaper.

Does this make sense?

I used this relaxer about a year ago... it just didnt work for my... my hiar isnt fine but it is easily relaxed and i guess without knowing it i was trying to texlax... it almost seem like it washed out my hair... it was smooth for a few days them it was like i never got a touch up... i thought it was just cause i sweated it out but when i flat ironed again it never got as smoothed... i ended up using the mizani sensitive scalp a month later...

very disappointing... my friend had the same results as me too

^^ i totally agree. the same thing happened to me. a few days later, it was like i never applied a relaxer at all.

this is by far the WORST relaxer i've ever used. it burned me worse than any other relaxer i've used, AND it barely processed my hair at all. and i have fine hair, so clearly it should have worked!

two thumbs down to softsheen-carson for making this junk.

Thought I was the only one. The box states for fine hair and my hair was fine but it underprocessed me; the first day hair was silky and laid flat, but soon after it was a bush again. Mind u I had about 2inches of NG. And I left it in for 30 minutes! IDK, maybe my hair is medium texture but the strand is thinner than sewing thread.

Try the SoftSheen-Carson Anti-breakage with Ceramides formula. It only comes in super and regular but it straightens perfectly, doesn't burn and comes with a pre-treatment to protect the relaxed ends. I used it last week and my hair still looks good and straight, although I did not smooth all the way through.

I tried it when it first came out and I hated it. It doesn't last long at all. After a 2 or 3 shampoos it felt like I hadn't even relaxed my hair.

I thought it was just me! I tried this relaxer 3 weeks ago and it sucks! I wish I had did some research on here before I tried it! My hair looked and felt good until I washed it, now my hair looks and feels like I never even put a relaxer in it! I swear it feels like I have at least 3 months of new growth! I will NEVER use this crap again !:nono:

Back