Social "City" Girls where can we meet menfolk?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Hey ladies,

I like and prefer meeting people in social sitautions, especially menz :look:. I haven't started "hunting" yet, but I figured it shouldn't be too hard meeting guys in a city, especially one as meaty as New York. I need some suggestions! Where can a girl go alone to meet new people? Is it weird to hang out at happy hour at a bar by myself? Any other tips and suggestions for other ladies who may be interested?

@keyawarren, let me know what you getting into... I am going to be getting out, mostly to sportsbars since it is football season... I am doing something sunday if you want to come out...

Also, I am down to hit town as well...

Honey_Bee, what it do, we gotta get up sometime...

^^^ depends on your interests, really. I have a meetup that goes to the theater and it's mostly guys. I should go to a sports bar; dang I wish my sis was in state, we love the BEARS!!!

use your friends. I've met more guys through friends (both male and female) and gatherings that they've had or attended than through any other method.

Get bold...

Ask at random places...

Bryant park... Starbucks...the train platform...

Oh is that chair taken? What's up with that salted caramel latte? What time is the q-r-g-y-d supposed to come? Oh did I miss it?....With the "cute face" of course.

Walk up,flirt, and be social...watch them eat it up...

Let's see..........

I attended 2 weddings last weekend, one bride met her hubby at church. The other met her hubby at a social outing they both attended after work.

Another friend just got engaged in July. She met her FH at the club on New Years Eve.

My sister met her last boyfriend at a Playdate event.

What has worked IMO

1. Sports Bar ie Tonic West, theres a rooftop thats a little quieter if you meet someone you want to chat up.

2. NYC has TONS of festivals, it provides a chill atmosphere & topics to pick from. No parades...men with families.

3. Grocery store after work, I'm in the burbs so most men show @ 7 pm.

4. I dont like sports, but Rock climbing is amazing, ive met guys there.

5. Are you a daily runner/walker? Cental park on the weekend is plausible.

6. Take the subway instead of Cabs...increases chances

Now my next suggestion is going to sounder odd but hear me out:

7. Charity events auch as plantings or park clean ups. My ex boyfriends law firm sponsored these and ppl from the firm would go.

8. Bar trivia nights...

I try to think of what type of man I want and what HE likes.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

What has worked IMO

1. Sports Bar ie Tonic West, theres a rooftop thats a little quieter if you meet someone you want to chat up.

2. NYC has TONS of festivals, it provides a chill atmosphere & topics to pick from. No parades...men with families.

3. Grocery store after work, I'm in the burbs so most men show @ 7 pm.

4. I dont like sports, but Rock climbing is amazing, ive met guys there.

5. Are you a daily runner/walker? Cental park on the weekend is plausible.

6. Take the subway instead of Cabs...increases chances

Now my next suggestion is going to sounder odd but hear me out:

7. Charity events auch as plantings or park clean ups. My ex boyfriends law firm sponsored these and ppl from the firm would go.

8. Bar trivia nights...

I try to think of what type of man I want and what HE likes.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

The first thing I thought of when someone suggested a sports bar :yep:

Back