So, you wanna Transition.... ( the latest Transitioners thread)

Re: So, you wanna Transition....

Thank you everyone ((((hugs)))) i'm feeling the LUVVV /images/graemlins/grin.gif I cant wait to pick up that book by Kemah. I didnt even know that someone had put something together specifically for women that are transitioning. We ARE all in this together /images/graemlins/wink.gif -- jainygirl

Good luck, jainygirl. I'm over a year into my journey. I still have permed ends which I'm determined to dedicate to cutting off before the end of next summer with gradual trims. I'm going to have to co-sign on the shea butter. I have a mixture because I couldn't find the pure in the BS, but I will be going to the health food store and picking up some virgin shea butter if they have some. I want to try that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats again Jainy...and all the new transitioners. You can do it. I've seen it done and successfully did it myself. Enjoy this time...dont view it as a burden. Start honing up on your hair styling skills. A good book for that is "Natural Hair/Natural Woman" by Tekeyah Crystal Kemah. It shows you step by step how to do styles that are perfect for transitioners. She has styles in there especially for transitioning hair .

I continue to wish you well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooohhh Pookey, this sounds fantastic. This is gonna be part of my "transitioner survival kit" that i make for myself; along with that shea butter and various other items. You are one treasure trove of information, thank you so much for sharing /images/graemlins/kiss.gif -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm..."transitioner survival kit". I like that! /images/graemlins/think.gif I'm going to start a survival kit! I'm transitioning for three reasons...one because I've been fighting damage for too long and the relaxing is holding me back...two because of baby...I'm not supposed to use chemical relaxers anyway...three, I've never met my natural hair and would like to become friends with it.

Plus, I've been contemplating it for quite some time now.

Good luck Jainy! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif I know you can do it girl, and just check in w/ us when you get frustrated - that really helped me get through the rough spots. I also really like the book Curly Girl. It isn't geared specifically towards AA hair (although we do have a chapter), but it does focus on women with non-straight hair, and I must say that the curly confessions are very inspirational to those in transition b/c it deals with women who have been fighting with their hair all their life coming to terms with it. I think it's worth it just for that! /images/graemlins/up.gif Anyways good luck to you and everyone else in transition! You can do it! /images/graemlins/Rose.gif /images/graemlins/Rose.gif /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

JainyGirl - Hi, glad you're joining the transitioners club!Enjoy your natural hair. You're going to love how versatile your hair can be. Straight one day, curly the next! My 1 year Nappy Anniversary is coming up - December 23, 2004! I almost fell off the wagon a few times, and 2 weeks ago I just threw out those jars of Bantu Relaxer and Neutralizing Shampoo that's been under my sink in the kitchen. I don't know why I was keeping them!

Tips: Well, when I first transitioned my hair hated oil -- any oils! I think it was because I had very little new growth. But, now my hair LUVS Oil! Absolutely luvs it, in particular pure jojoba oil, olive oil, and castor oil! Give your hair time to adjust to products and whatever you do don't let anyone convince you to go against your heart. At first I got a lot of strange looks, and comments from people because they were used to seeing me with relaxed hair. Now, I'm getting compliments! People seem to like seeing me curly one day, straight the next! /images/graemlins/smile.gifBut, you know what compliments are nice, but they don't matter. What matters is that I luv seeing me with natural hair! I just wish I had done it sooner!
Enjoy the journey! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
/images/graemlins/antlers.gif /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

I'm sooooo joining......... I can't take it anymore /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I was looking at all the pics of the curly girls /images/graemlins/smile.gifand I am not going to relax my hair in Nov.... like I was planning to... I will keep going and let my hair grow out.
Love my curls and I want the world to see!
/images/graemlins/weird.gif
I told my sister and she was like... Go for it... /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sooooo joining......... I can't take it anymore /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I was looking at all the pics of the curly girls /images/graemlins/smile.gifand I am not going to relax my hair in Nov.... like I was planning to... I will keep going and let my hair grow out.
Love my curls and I want the world to see!
/images/graemlins/weird.gif
I told my sister and she was like... Go for it... /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay!!!! You can do it! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Wow, this is wonderful! I wish u many blessings during ur transition. If I can be of any help, please let me know /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck with your transition Jainygirl! I'm a type 4 and I have to agree on the shea butter (virgin shea)This stuff has been a Godsend.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to have to try this. What are the best places to get virgin shea butter.

BTW, Jainy, good luck. Welcome to my world. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back