So you switched to Lye/No-Lye. How has this changed your hair?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies, I am pleased to report that I am at 9 weeks post relaxer with NO shedding, NO breakage, NO dryness. I owe most of this change in my hair to switching to Lye. Never before have I never had dry hair or itchy scalp.

Since many of you lovely ladies recently switched from No-Lye to Lye or from Lye to No-Lye, have you been able to discern what kinds of changes you've experience since making the switch?

Has your experience been beneficial or worse since making the change? What benefits? What challenges?

Be sure to cite what relaxer you used and if you'd use it again.

I switched from years of using No-Lye to ORS Lye Relaxer for Fine/Medium Textured hair and I will use this product again when I end my stretch in December.

Ladies, I am pleased to report that I am at 9 weeks post relaxer with NO shedding, NO breakage, NO dryness. I owe most of this change in my hair to switching to Lye. Never before have I never had dry hair or itchy scalp.

Since many of you lovely ladies recently switched from No-Lye to Lye or from Lye to No-Lye, have you been able to discern what kinds of changes you've experience since making the switch?

Has your experience been beneficial or worse since making the change? What benefits? What challenges?

Be sure to cite what relaxer you used and if you'd use it again.

I switched from years of using No-Lye to ORS Lye Relaxer for Fine/Medium Textured hair and I will use this product again when I end my stretch in December.

Im happy to hear that Serenity!!

i used phyto for almost 2 years but noticed dryness overtime... i decided to switch to design essentials (regular strength) relaxer and im currently 5 weeks post with no problems. My hair seems to retain a more polished look and feel since the switch. I like DE and dont plan on switching anytime soon!

Healthy, easy to style, virtually breakage free, moisturized hair that just grows and grows since making the switch to lye exclusively.

Have you noticed more retained moisture on the strands and end of your hair even though I assume you did a touch-up? I've been deciding if I wanted to try Lye relaxer. I relax at home, tomorrow i'm use Phyto Index II, just because it's left over but next relaxer I may try Lye.

ok, so it's ok to switch from lye to no-lye and so forth? I was always told that it would make your hair fall out if you went from a no-lye to a lye...

ive done it before....go back and forth(but i mostly used to use no lye relaxers)...

I just recently did a self relaxer from Lye back to no lye...I was using Affirm and switched to ORS no-lye..havent seen or noticed any changes...but i do notice that my hair prospered the most and i had the most faster growth(less amount of breakage) with no lye relaxers...

Back