So you have 50-11 textures

aloof one

Would this deter you from going natural or texturizing if there was a big difference from front to back or side to side in the texture of your hair?

I am getting mad today. I DCd with some oil and conditioner, clarified with my V05 and rinsed. Didn't condition yet because I wanted to see what my hair looked like.

Well I heard coils would pop better with no product (and they do:yep:). Well my curls were popping alright. In fact this is the most coils I have seen to date. Even my 4b hair texture looked a lot better. Before it actually looked kind of straightened out and I couldn't see the real texture.

Anyway I got to thinking how the heck I'm going to be walking around with fifty-leven textures on my head. A lot of people assume if your hair is curly in one place and straight in the other you did something to make it that way or its heat damaged. What if this is just what my hair happens to be lke?:perplexed I have to be honest, my 4b hair was texturized more than the rest, but now that I have an inch of NG it still is completely different from the rest of my hair, which scares me because it is all on the edges. I know I just have to wait to see what it looks like longer but I'm scared I'll be :wallbash: disappointed down the road.

Is it really practical to be natural if there is that much of a difference? Sometimes I wish all my hair was 4b so I could just BC and have an even little fro and be done. But if I were to BC down to the NG I would have a bunch of coils being surrounded by a bunch of 4b fuzz (don't get me wrong, I love that hair and it makes me proud, but the rest of my hair clashes so bad against it:perplexed)

I have 1a hair right at the hairline to a mohawk of 3c, ringed by 4a that meets the 1a and 4b everywhere else. :blush:

I fluff it all into a soft 4b fro (read, I don't enhance the curl definiton I DO have) that somehow has defintion, but not. My pitiful webcam pics don't do it justice.

Long story short...if this didn't deter me from going natural, your differnt textures shouln't deter you. :lachen:

It's hard to know how it'll all look until you BC and then see what each texture does with different products and styles. Don't worry about it too much! :yep:

I have 1a hair right at the hairline to a mohawk of 3c, ringed by 4a that meets the 1a and 4b everywhere else. :blush:

I fluff it all into a soft 4b fro (read, I don't enhance the curl definiton I DO have) that somehow has defintion, but not. My pitiful webcam pics don't do it justice.

Long story short...if this didn't deter me from going natural, your differnt textures shouln't deter you. :lachen:

It's hard to know how it'll all look until you BC and then see what each texture does with different products and styles. Don't worry about it too much! :yep:

You know that sounds like a good idea. I should stop trying to worry about defining it I guess and just wait until I'm all the way there.

Yeah I have 50-11 textures too. When I was natural before I always pressed my hair. I plan on transitioning eventually and my dilemma is deciding if I want to continue to straighten or not. I transitioned for a while a few years ago and I just couldn't deal with it and stated relaxing again.

I think almost EVERY natural has at least two different textures in her head, and I would suspect most of us have three different textures..... so don't feel like that should hold you back in the least. You just have to figure out how to best keep them all happy....

I have multiple textures also, and I was thinking about this same thing a year into my transition. My crown is 3c, my front edges and the patches above my ears are all 4b, my nape is 4a/b, and the rest is 4a. All these years I thought that all of my hair was 4b.... When I'm fully natural, I plan to continue doing twistouts and braidouts to make my textures blend together. I don't plan to do a lot of wash n' go's until my hair is a little longer, but when I do I plan to use products (i.e. gels) to get the curls/coils to blend better.

It might not be that noticeable once you chop. I wouldn't worry about it. I have different textures mixed in my hair (It's mostly 4a with some 3c mixed in. The hair at the nape is like 3a/3b.) but once I apply products and style it, it doesn't matter. You can see a clear difference if I wash and let my hair airdry unmanipulated with no products though.

I have multiple textures also, and I was thinking about this same thing a year into my transition. My crown is 3c, my front edges and the patches above my ears are all 4b, my nape is 4a/b, and the rest is 4a. All these years I thought that all of my hair was 4b.... When I'm fully natural, I plan to continue doing twistouts and braidouts to make my textures blend together. I don't plan to do a lot of wash n' go's until my hair is a little longer, but when I do I plan to use products (i.e. gels) to get the curls/coils to blend better.

Wow that sounds like my hair:grin: I think I will just keep wearing it straight until I'm ready to BC in a year or so..

My textures range from 3b, 3c, 4a and some patches of 4b. It frustrated me in the beginning of my natural journey, but over time I have learned to deal with it. Once I add styling products, it really isn't all that bad.

Yes I do :perplexed The only consistency my hair has is the type of pattern my hair texture grows in (S-waves). Other than that, those S-waves can 'look' like 2c/3a hair to 4a/b hair, some of which can look silky others thready or cottony :look:

I have two or three different textures on my head. The left side is tighter curled than the right side, it's looser. But my left side is less poofier than the right side. So when I do certain hair styles I really have to manipulate my hair so that both sides look even. It used to be frustrating, but I've learn to work with it.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to relax again. I have 3 textures and now understand why I had such inconsistent results while relaxing. The textures range from 4b to 3b.

No my 50-11 textures never deterred me. The looser front/sides were easer to deal with, so I would work on the back first. Twists/braids/outs I knew I had to make the looser sections tighter and the other sections looser, so it could look like a cohesive style. It's not really bad at all you just have to get used to it.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask becasue I am a firm believer in scab hair. I didn't see my real texture until I BC'd the second time.

Back