SO WILL NOT LET ME WEAR WIGS

My graduation is in 4 weeks :yep:
And I told SO I might wear a wig because I don't know what to do with my Big Bad@ss Fro.
He said "God gave you the most beautiful hair in this earth and you are going to hide his masterpiece under a wig?"

Aw, how I love this man and he loves me and my crazy fro :grin:

AWWWWHHH! That is so beautiful!:grin:

I wish my SO would feel the same way.:nono:...Oh well, he's coming around. Congratulations on having a wise man and your upcoming graduation!

That's so beautiful. LOL When I first met my SO he thought I had a weave (it was a wig). When I told him it was a wig he was like :look:... I had to say, "Excuse me but I DO have hairrrrrrr......" I proceeded to take my hair down and show him and he went from this :look: to this :) to this :grin: to this :lick:.

:lol: He understands that it's quick and easy for me and it's not to hide but to give it a rest. He's fine with it as long as he gets to run his fingers through my grass every now and again.

Congratulations on your commencement! If you are wearing a cap and gown, remember that the cap has to fit over the big a$$ fro, and style accordingly.

Congratulations on your commencement! If you are wearing a cap and gown, remember that the cap has to fit over the big a$$ fro, and style accordingly.

That was my issue..but I have decided to wear my hair in a low bun (my SO suggestion) and then later unleash the beast :giggle:

OT: I sense a spinoff, especially since A) I am taking cap and gown pics Friday and need ideas and B) it's gonna be hot come May 17 :look:

Congratulations darling....and your hair IS beautiful! Whatta man, cause my ex definitely turned his nose up when I went natural.

Super sweet!

I understand your concern though. Some friends and I were in the mall and I tried on a hat. Have mercy...I looked crazy with my hair hanging out the sides. We had BIG LAUGHS! :lachen:

I'm sure it'll be cute whatever you choose to do!

Graduation and my friends wedding were the reasons I got my sew-in in my siggy for my this past nov-jan. It is so humid in Houston (my sew-in curls fell) and my hair is still kinda short, so it worked best for me.

Congrats on your graduation and your SO sounds is super sweet & supportive.

Your subject line is kinda misleading. He loves your hair, he is not "not letting" you wear a wig. The way you stated it made him seem kinda like a jerk. But clearly he's a good guy. Congrats on your graduation and I'm sure you will be beautiful regardless of how you wear your hair. Beauty comes from within.

My SO and I had the biggest argument when I told him I was getting braids to grow out my TWA. We're outside 3am yelling at the top of our lungs then he decides to walk home - 30 miles - because he didn't want to stay at my house. Why are guys so adamant about us not wearing wigs/extensions. I've never understood that.

If you decide to wear you natural hair, start experimenting now. I tried every style imaginable and had to end up wearing a wig because I could not get my cap to fit on my head with my hair.

Congratulations!!!!!

Tell him its just for one day. You can get it flatironed so that little cap can fit you.

chile, i'm glad he feels dat way...shooot..u don't wanna walk across da stage at graduation, trip a lil bit, then have ur wig fall off....see das some stuff that would happen to me...*sighs* or worse, someone gives you a hug congratulating you, and their watch gets caught on the back of your wig...and the next thing you know, your wig is on their sleeve...

ask me how i know....*shrugs*

My SO and I had the biggest argument when I told him I was getting braids to grow out my TWA. We're outside 3am yelling at the top of our lungs then he decides to walk home - 30 miles - because he didn't want to stay at my house. Why are guys so adamant about us not wearing wigs/extensions. I've never understood that.
And I hope you let him walk the whole entire way.

Took cap and gown pics in a WNG, and it fit nicely...but the photographer had to use the bigger cap. He said something about "minimizing the Bozo effect" :look: pissed me off something horrible.

Yeah that is sweet... Sorta what I had to tell myself yesterday - I was sick for 2 days and when I felt better my husband wouldn't let me go to Sally's because "I hadn't been conscious for a whole 24 hours" :lachen:

Back