SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SABINO MOISTURE BLOACK AND KERACARE SILK AND SEAL?

Mandy4610

I just noticed that these two products have the exact same ingredients
Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone.
I have both of the products, they look exactly the same, except silk and seal is thicker.
So whats the difference?

TIA

Re: SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SABINO MOISTURE BLOACK AND KERACARE SILK AND SEAL

Although I have never used Keracare Silk & Seal, I remember reading about the formulation of Sabino and how other brands may have the same ingredients, but it's the ratio of those ingredients that is key.

Sabino claims to have the best mixture/ratio of the those ingredients which makes their product better.

Re: SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SABINO MOISTURE BLOACK AND KERACARE SILK AND SEAL

I've never used the Keracare Silken Seal, but I did flat iron my hair with Sabino Moisture Block, and sweated it out in a hot, crowded club tonight and my hair is still perfectly straight. :yep:

In my experiance, the Sabino Moisure Block made my hair very dry whereas the Silken Seal was moisturizing.

Even though they both have the same ingredients, I found that the performance was very different.

In my experiance, the Sabino Moisure Block made my hair very dry whereas the Silken Seal was moisturizing.

Even though they both have the same ingredients, I found that the performance was very different.

well now that I have read this......I see no choice now
I guess I will buy both and see if I feel the same way about them.

I guess I will buy both and see if I feel the same way about them.[/QUOTE

Ha! Ha! I see you are a night owl also.

Some people have had excellent results with the Sabino Moisture Block.

My lack of success might have been a combination of other products I used with it.

I guess I will buy both and see if I feel the same way about them.[/QUOTE

Ha! Ha! I see you are a night owl also.

Some people have had excellent results with the Sabino Moisture Block.

My lack of success might have been a combination of other products I used with it.

hehe girl, yup I can be very nocturnal!

I'm just in the trying products mode now, its been years of discipline and sticking to the same things , so this is my time to venture out, it wont last much longer though

There are a few products that have only these two ingredients...

I do think the Ratio make the difference with SMB.
I will never use any other heat protectant. Sabino is all I need.

:yep:

Same for me. I have both of them and SBM left my hair very dry. I definitely prefer SS.:grin:

Also, I think the viscosity of the silicones used makes a difference.

I once tried to make my own serum using the exact same ingredients as Keracare silken seal and it was not the same. Not as thick, #1, but also gave a kinda fake shine, unlike the Keracare Silken Seal.

I used to use Silken Seal all the time, until I discovered that it was not for me, but it used to be my goto heat protectant.

Anyway, the same silicones on the ingredient list DO NOT equal the same product and result. The viscosity can be soooo different.

If you go to a manufacturer that supplies all kinds of silicone oils, you will see that just one can be purchased with different levels of thickness.

Thank you ladies. I get the idea:grin:

In the fall I will start straightening my hair. I want to try Sabino, I hope it doesn't try out my hair.

In the fall I will start straightening my hair. I want to try Sabino, I hope it doesn't try out my hair.
I used it to blowout my TWA and my hair turned out very soft. At the end of the day my hair shrunk a bit though. Someone on this board said Sabino is activated my direct heat (or something to that effect):ohwell:.

I always thought Silken Seal was just supposed to be a glosser? I have used both. The Silken Seal you spray on. My stylist used this on my hair last week and I have noticed that it has stayed shiny all this time. The Sabino is more like a thick serum and is greasy. Now that I realize the Silken Seal is supposed to serve the same purpose I'm going to say I like it better. The Sabino didn't work for me on all my hair. Maybe I didn't coat my hair evenly while it was wet? It made my hair stringy though.

I've never used the Keracare Silken Seal, but I did flat iron my hair with Sabino Moisture Block, and sweated it out in a hot, crowded club tonight and my hair is still perfectly straight. :yep:

r u natural???

Which one would you guys say last longer and better... as far for a dominican blowout?

Bump . . . looking for more discussion on this.

Back