So, what are the best online dating sites for black women?

Glib Gurl

*sigh*

I'm thinking about giving eHarmony another shot....haven't done it in over 10 years...I'm thinking that now that I'm in a different age bracket that the results might be better? :look: But before I plunk down my change, I'm wondering if other folks have an opinion on what sites are best for black women....I feel like match.com is a wasteland.....

I'd like to know also. Not for me but for my bestie. She uses Plenty of Fish and all of the guys that she's interacted with so far have been duds. I think that if she were on a better website and possibly a paying website she could meet better quality men.

Believe it or not, I have had success in the past on Black People Meet,, was dating a dentist from there for 6 mos., really great guy., just didn't work out. I have had some minimal success with Match ... mostly white men . Eharmony was a flop for me. I am now giving OkCupid a shot for the second time and I am having much better success this time.. There are a lot of white guys on the site if you are open to swirling, but I hear from black men as well.

I say your location will play a larger part of who you will meet. Not many men will look for women who love far away. Are there lots of black folks in your area? If not it will be hard.

ive had good luck on okc, with black men and others. however, if you are not open to irr, are super religious or really conservative or old you might not be too successful.

Found my BF on POF. I've heard women say that site was horrible, but like a poster previously stated it depends on the demographics. My mailbox stayed full. I met plenty of established men on there. One of my friends snagged herself a nice engineer on there. :yep:

My issue with POF in my state, is that I recognize a lot of the men on there. Also, I don't want ery' body knowing that I'm looking...I know, I know it's silly...BUT.

My issue with POF in my state, is that I recognize a lot of the men on there. Also, I don't want ery' body knowing that I'm looking...I know, I know it's silly...BUT.

Fine 4s, Yea I thought about that too, but I just call it expanding options, lol

Sent from My Galaxy

@Fine 4s, Yea I thought about that too, but I just call it expanding options, lol

Sent from My Galaxy

This happened to me when I was POF and I saw a dude in my bldg when I joined match ... whenever I searched online I hid my profile, not only b/c of ppl I might run into but I prefer to 'sit back' and see who is out there instead of letting everyone have access to my profile. It cut down completely on the amount of traffic that hits your inbox from dudes you have no interest in but it still allows you to browse what's out there.

ive had good luck on okc, with black men and others. however, if you are not open to irr, are super religious or really conservative or old you might not be too successful.

this. okcupid will vastly expand your dating market, but it appeals to a very specific demographic:

• atheist or generally non-religious
  • upwardly mobile yuppie type
  • highly educated (lots of post-doc, phd types)
  • alcohol and/or drug friendly
i wont even venture to pof. in my area, i have noticed that the men are taller (seriously) and sometimes on average more attractive, but they are more likely to only have a hs diploma, or have children. which may not be a problem for some but its a deal breaker for me. so strictly from a physical place, i think more attractive men are there, but accomplished men, not so much.

my last two serious bfs i met on okcupid, and got way too many looking to hook up in between. i'm not dating right now, but when i am again, i dont doubt my next bf will be from okc too.

this. okcupid will vastly expand your dating market, but it appeals to a very specific demographic:

• atheist or generally non-religious
  • upwardly mobile yuppie type
  • highly educated (lots of post-doc, phd types)
  • alcohol and/or drug friendly
i wont even venture to pof. in my area, i have noticed that the men are taller (seriously) and sometimes on average more attractive, but they are more likely to only have a hs diploma, or have children. which may not be a problem for some but its a deal breaker for me. so strictly from a physical place, i think more attractive men are there, but accomplished men, not so much.

my last two serious bfs i met on okcupid, and got way too many looking to hook up in between. i'm not dating right now, but when i am again, i dont doubt my next bf will be from okc too.

ITA. POF definitely has wayyy more attractive men and men of color than OkCupid, but you have to weed through a lot more than on OkCupid to find highly educated established men. I personally don't mind doing so, simply because I find OkCupid to not have enough men of color for me. The few that I do see kind of give off the "I don't date Black women/token whitewashed Black guy" vibe :nono: , and/or just not attractive enough to me.

If you're not as shallow as I am and/or don't mind talking to mostly White men, then I would suggest OkCupid. If you want more attractive men of color, but don't mind the fact that many of them are less educated and/ or have children, then go with POF. To clarify, there are plenty of men on POF who are highly educated and don't have children, but you have to dig much more than on a site like OkCupid, which definitely caters to a more educated, yuppie crowd. I would also say that POF does get often get a bad wrap, but it's not nearly as ratchet as some other dating sites/apps.

Granted: I'm in the NYC metro area, which has a much larger pool for a site like POF, so I get more of a mixed bag than in smaller cities/areas. I've looked at results on POF in other cities and I can see why some women would avoid it like the plague, unless you have a thing for 4 baby mama having KANG type men.

Sidenote: Does anyone on here use the app Tinder? It seems to have a similar crowd to OkCupid.

Back