So ladies how much ...

I dont think my hair can grow 2 inches in two months so I have to agree with Sherry and say 1/2 to 1 inch.

a normal amount of NG would be 2 inches before retouching to avoid overlapping. Try to stretch for more than 2 months if you hair can handle that.HTH

I dont think I would get 2 inches in three months..... I get a touch up every 12-14 weeks, I would say 1 inch would be safe.

Though I saw a few people getting relaxers this weekend and it looked like the stylists were putting relaxer about 1 to 2 inches.

It a shame a lot of stylist don't apply relaxers correctly.

It a shame a lot of stylist don't apply relaxers correctly.[/QUOTE]

You are so right about that. A lot of them simply just slap on the relaxer and don't worry about overlapping.

I usually get 1 1/2 inches of new growth in 6-8 weeks to safely touch-up with overlapping. I usually apply a conditioner or hair oil to the length of my hair to avoid overprocessing and so far I've had great results.

Current hair length: 2 inches past brastrap (blown out)
3 inches above brastrap (shrinkage state)
Styles sporting: box braids for 2 weeks...cornrows for 2
months. (MTG challenge)
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005

are you all talking stretched or unstretched in inches of new growth?

In order to get 2 inches I would have to wait almost six months and where braids or something like that or I would end up with like 3 strands of hair :) and a bunch of the previously relaxed hair when I finally came to do the touch up?

Good thread. This is probably why my hair will break off in the pattern it does. My hair will be healthy and thick after wearing braids for a couple of months, then after I take out my braids, about 2-3 relaxers (every 6 weeks) later my hair seems to be so much more fragile and prone to break. Thanks for cutting the light on.

Back