So i'm going for a consultation for a relaxer!

Nya33

Hey ladies

I'm going to do it.:spinning:

I decided that i want to be relaxed again.

I love my natural hair but i've been natural and learnt great practices I now want to be relaxed and see if i can meet my goals.

I realise a lot of the styles i like to wear with my hair out when natural are straight and to get that i use heat so may as well go down relaxer route!

If all goes well and he tells me my hair is good to go i will go back next week and get it done.

Just sharing, Ms Twana, now you can quote me! lol

Good luck and make sure you clarify and do a protein treatment about 10 - 7 days prior to the relaxer and make sure your moisture levels are good. You'll do fine :up:

Good luck and make sure you clarify and do a protein treatment about 10 - 7 days prior to the relaxer and make sure your moisture levels are good. You'll do fine :up:

Thanks! I have been doing a lot of DC's these last few weeks at least 3 times a week. I don't think i have ever clarified properly whilst natural just with giovanni like once every 3 weeks.

I'm still mega tekking but i will use my ubh on the length.

Its rather exciting!

I texlaxed for different reasons last weekend

just make sure ur really decided and wont regret it.

good luck , wish u the best

dayum, gotta update my siggy

Hey ladies

I'm going to do it.:spinning:

I decided that i want to be relaxed again.

I love my natural hair but i've been natural and learnt great practices I now want to be relaxed and see if i can meet my goals.

I realise a lot of the styles i like to wear with my hair out when natural are straight and to get that i use heat so may as well go down relaxer route!

If all goes well and he tells me my hair is good to go i will go back next week and get it done.

Just sharing, Ms Twana, now you can quote me! lol

You too :look: The knots were killing me!! Plus wash day was becoming an event that had to be scheduled. :nono:

So what did he tell you? You have us in suspense! LOL

Sorry!

Well i ended up seeing the artistic director and she was cool, the dude ended up doing another hair cut.

She told me my hair was really soft and she suggested a mild relaxer, they only use mizani products. I asked her about the mizani butter blends as my scalp is really sensitive and she said this would be a good relaxer to use.

I started asking about deep conditioning and getting protein back into my hair after the relaxer and how i don't want a rat tail comb in my hair when separating. She just smiled talked me through the process and probably thought i was crazy.:lachen:

Im doing a strand test then relaxing on my birthday 2nd June! I hope it goes well. I know that its a case of i know what i want and will get it. If my ends need a trim i will get a professional trim at that time but afterwards i will continue to dust my ends as normal.

There was a lady who had just finished relaxing and the stylist was saying to come back in 6 weeks for retouch.

Now each to their own, i remember when i used to go back 4-6 weeks and thats why i ended up chopping and starting again. I will be stretching my relaxer and they will see me for a retouch when i m ready they may not like it but hey.

So the whole process is going to cost me £92 thats virgin relaxer with, professional blow dry, trim and a cup of tea!

I will def up date you all when the time comes!

What kind of relaxer? lye or no lye

It mizani butter blends i think thats a lye relaxer?

If i don't go back to them for retouches i hear really good things about ORS relaxer and thats no lye so i hope i can switch.

See i thought about texlaxing, but i was talking to a fellow lhcf'r Chenai and we discussed the pros and cons of relax/texlax.

Its something i have thought about, my girls think its been a snap decision because i kept saying i like being natural and i do.

However i never felt as if i knew enough about how to take care of my relaxed hair before and when i asked stylists what i should do at home they would say just come in for treatment and use pink lotion! :lachen:

Thanks

OT love your siggy, look forward to seeing the new one though!

Nya, what salon did you go to out of interest? Not sure I want to go for a touch up, but certainly for the rare blow dry and flat iron, as a treat.

:lol: @ "Artistic Director" I love the inflated job titles these people give themselves!

Nya, what salon did you go to out of interest? Not sure I want to go for a touch up, but certainly for the rare blow dry and flat iron, as a treat.

:lol: @ "Artistic Director" I love the inflated job titles these people give themselves!

Lol at bolded! Innit i looked again at the prices and thought they are cheaper than the creative director!

I went to Identity Uk in Shoreditch.

I was just checking through salon review to see if anybody has been there.

They were really friendly, i know there are cheaper places for everything but my girls hair looked gorgeous.

Back