so if wrapping thins out hair....

I also have noticed that I see lots of girls with really really long thin hair....if wrapping thins hair how do u keep ur style maintained? AND whats the difference between a blow out and a doobie? sorry if its a dumb ques
confused.gif

I want to know the answer to this too cause I get a blow out weekly and if I didn't wrap it every night it would look a mess.

Now to me there is no difference between a blow out and a doobie. People just call it different things.

I think a doobie is different because u just wrap after a rollerset (similar to a rollerwrap). A blowout is using a blowdryer to blowout the curls that were rollersetted.

I've always considered the doobie to be the optional wrapping after the blowout. You don't have to get the blowout before the doobie, however or vice versa.

Maybe not always wrapping the hair in the same direction from the same starting point would help prevent thinning.

I get curly blowouts so wraping my hair would wipe out the style. I use six sponge rollers to keep my blowout looking fresh. As for straight blowouts, I've heard of placing the hair in a loose ponytail and using one roller to keep the style in place.

Yeah I think it's a regional thing... some people call it a doobie, some call it a blowout- both are achieved by roller setting on large rollers and then blowing with a hot blowdryer.

As for the wrapping hair at night thing, I'm still getting over this habit myself
smirk.gif
. I can truly attest to the fact that wrapping the same direction does thin your hair out- however my best friend has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen and she always wraps her tresses...
ohwell.gif

But to prevent breakage, what I do is every other week I'll switch direction of my wrap. Also I try to only wrap my hair the first couple of days after it's been washed, after that I do about 8-10 large pin curls, and then tie it up with a satin scarf. They work really nice (and my hair is short- a little longer than neck length) and give the same exact results as a wrap. I think they look even more fabulous if you have some length b/c you can give your hair the illusion of being layered, and it has much more body. I'll try to post the thread on pin curls if you like. HTH

Hmmm.... I've been wrapping in the same direction for years now and I have no thinning. And I thought a "wrap" was synonomous w/a "doobie" and a blowout was just that, a BLOW OUT (blowdrying the roots or curls of your hair to loosen them and make them straighter).
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackButterflyz said:

Yeah I think it's a regional thing... some people call it a doobie, some call it a blowout- both are achieved by roller setting on large rollers and then blowing with a hot blowdryer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always heard that a doobie is wet setting the hair followed by a dry wrap. This is what I do from time to time..NO blowdryer. A blow-out is achieved by wet setting the hair, blowing the hair/roots, and then the optional dry wrap.

I actaully tried the pin curl thing about 2 weeks ago and my hair looked like a pin curled mess.
shocked.gif

It was going every direction and it just looked real bad.

Doobie: roller set followed by a dry wrap.
Blowout: roller set followed by a blow dryer on roots to straighten out.

At least, this is what I think the difference is.

[ QUOTE ]
DatJerseyDyme said:
[ QUOTE ]
BlackButterflyz said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always heard that a doobie is wet setting the hair followed by a dry wrap. This is what I do from time to time..NO blowdryer. A blow-out is achieved by wet setting the hair, blowing the hair/roots, and then the optional dry wrap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I thought a doobie was the same as a roller-wrap, rollersetting the hair, sitting under a hooded dryer, then wrapping the hair after it dries.

scratchchin.gif
Hmmm, you learn something new every day at this place.. thanks for putting me on
smile.gif

All I know is when I go get my hair done (at Dominican salons- that's all I've ever been to in my 10 years of going to salons) if I tell them a doobie then they wrap afterwards (but still blow the roots lightly), but if I say blowout (wash, set and blow to be exact) they blow it out completely with only a slight curl under left- I guess this is two different things but to me they get the same results.

Also Wolftrap- you should try using more hair in the sections of hair that you are using to make the pincurls (this prevents them from being tight)and also put them in the direction that you want your hair to fall when it is down. HTH

I guess I need to know exactly how to create the pin curls. This is what I did.

I took sections of my hair and took my two index fingers and rolled the hair up (like using an imaginary roller) then I pinned it to my head sideways. Is this the correct way?

I alternate every other day which way I wrap (clockwise or counter clockwise). I don't use any pins but I do cover with a satin bonnet instead of a scarf to prevent breakage along my hair line. I also sleep with a silk pillowcase in case my bonnet comes off.

Exactly!

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Doobie: roller set followed by a dry wrap.
Blowout: roller set followed by a blow dryer on roots to straighten out.

At least, this is what I think the difference is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I guess I need to know exactly how to create the pin curls. This is what I did.

I took sections of my hair and took my two index fingers and rolled the hair up (like using an imaginary roller) then I pinned it to my head sideways. Is this the correct way?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how most people do pincurls, but I'll admitt that I don't do mine like that b/c like you said, they come out tooo curly (and look a hot mess on this head of mine)-- This is what I do (And please do forgive me b/c I am VERY bad at explaining stuff-- I hope I don't confuse you)

What I do is grab the section that I want to pincurl, lay my hair flat against my scalp, and make a large "O" with the hair Closer to the roots, and then make another smaller "O" with the hair closer to the ends, placing it into the larger "O" and then tuck in the ends and pin. The end result looks exactly like the pincurl that you described except the "O" looks much smoother b/c u eliminate all that tugging that happens as you are trying to catch shorter hairs with the other kind of pincurls
frown.gif

Damn, I just confused myself with that explaination--
confused.gif
Please let me know if this makes absolutley no sensse. I'll try to see if I can PM you with some pics, but believe me the results are beautiful if you want a look that is not curly but more "bumped"

Back