So.. I was talking to my girl last night....

Dannygirl

So I'm on the phone with my girl last night and she told me she was going out of braids (shes had her hair in braids for the last 5 years) and she was telling me how long it had gotten and how shes going to use a "kiddie" perm on her hair because its not as "pontent" as the adult on her hair (she use to use it on her hair and when she used and adult kind her hair "broke" supposably" so being the LHCF in me i started telling her she need protain and stuff and i'm sitting here rambling and i feel as if she is just ingoreing me... :look: .....

:perplexed LONG story short i felt like climbing through the phone and scream...

NOO RELAXERS WITHIN EVERY 4 WEEKS?! (She explained know since shes working she can get it permed every month and im just like NOOOO):perplexed
doesn't it pain you to see a perfectly good head of hair get messed up right before yours eyes?

Aww the pity. Girl, they just dont know. All I can say is Im happy I found this board and learned how to properly care for my hair.:)

:perplexed I was in pain listening to her talk about what she was going to do to her hair... Oh well I guess im just going to have to just foces on my hair and my sisters lord knows until my hair isnt long down my back they arent gonna listen (other people besides my family) oh well.. live and learn..

Have you shared LHCF with her? Seeing others' progress pics and reading the tips from tons of different people might help to convince her to stretch her relaxers more.

Dannygirl said:
doesn't it pain you to see a perfectly good head of hair get messed up right before yours eyes?

Yes! I get on my friend's nerves and I just have to force myself to shut up because my friends do NOT want to hear it! *lol* I have one friend I told about LHCF and she gets weak sometimes with her regimen and I nag her to death and she just gets so STUBBORN! I'm like "DON'T DO IT, PLEASE! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S NOT WORTH IT!?!?!?!"

If she didn't use the C&G method and moisturize that hair at least once/day it's gonna fall out anyway. I had my hair braided for years and years. Each time it grew long and I'd stop wearing them and it would fall out. You can't just braid it and forget it and expect to have healthy hair.

Last edited:
When i have friends or family that dont listen to my hair advice, i leave them alone. It used to hurt when they wouldn't value my opinions or take me seriously, but now, i'm over it. I love to help, but i cant help if they wont listen.

My hair isn't as long as i'd like it to be... yet, but its growing and is healthy. When the hardheaded ones dont listen when i give them good advice, they eventually come around and leave the dark side when they see my progress.... then they become little apprentices and ask tons of questions and ask to use my products....

Basically, i lead by example. I tell them once, and maybe twice... and if they dont listen, I stop nagging them verbally and I let my healthy growing hair "talk" to them.;)

Last edited:
And while you are at it tell her that there is no difference between a kiddie perm and an adult perm!

Dannygirl said:
:perplexed I was in pain listening to her talk about what she was going to do to her hair... Oh well I guess im just going to have to just foces on my hair and my sisters lord knows until my hair isnt long down my back they arent gonna listen (other people besides my family) oh well.. live and learn..

you ain't never lie and you know I feel like that sometimes...........ppl just look at you like 'if u kno so much about hair why isn't urs down to the floor'.......all you got is your progress.

Yu should tell her about LHCF. She WILL be able to see hair that is long and healthy and that may change her mind on some things

CantBeCopied said:
Yes! I get on my friend's nerves and I just have to force myself to shut up because my friends do NOT want to hear it! *lol* I have one friend I told about LHCF and she gets weak sometimes with her regimen and I nag her to death and she just gets so STUBBORN! I'm like "DON'T DO IT, PLEASE! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S NOT WORTH IT!?!?!?!"

Hehehe, that sounds like a quote from an after school special :lol:

awesomely_nappy said:
When i have friends or family that dont listen to my hair advice, i leave them alone. It used to hurt when they wouldn't value my opinions or take me seriously, but now, i'm over it. I love to help, but i cant help if they wont listen.

My hair isn't as long as i'd like it to be... yet, but its growing and is healthy. When the hardheaded ones dont listen when i give them good advice, they eventually come around and leave the dark side when they see my progress.... then they become little apprentices and ask tons of questions and ask to use my products....

Basically, i lead by example. I tell them once, and maybe twice... and if they dont listen, I stop nagging them verbally and I let my healthy growing hair "talk" to them.;)

I agree with what you said, let your hair talk to them, and its true they don't want to listen to you because your hair isn't touching the floor

Dannygirl said:
So I'm on the phone with my girl last night and she told me she was going out of braids (shes had her hair in braids for the last 5 years) and she was telling me how long it had gotten and how shes going to use a "kiddie" perm on her hair because its not as "pontent" as the adult on her hair (she use to use it on her hair and when she used and adult kind her hair "broke" supposably" so being the LHCF in me i started telling her she need protain and stuff and i'm sitting here rambling and i feel as if she is just ingoreing me... :look: .....

:perplexed LONG story short i felt like climbing through the phone and scream...

NOO RELAXERS WITHIN EVERY 4 WEEKS?! (She explained know since shes working she can get it permed every month and im just like NOOOO):perplexed

My roomate use to laugh at me when I use to tell her she needs to do protein treatments. Her hair was shedding a lot so she came running to make. I gave her one protein treatment and the shedding stop cold turkey. Now she preaches protein treatment to everyone. She does them once a month. I wish my hair react that well to products.

*ElleB said:
And while you are at it tell her that there is no difference between a kiddie perm and an adult perm!

I wanted to say that as well.....:lol: Funny thing is I used to think that it was less harsh if a kiddie perm was used.

Dannygirl said:
So I'm on the phone with my girl last night and she told me she was going out of braids (shes had her hair in braids for the last 5 years)

^ ^ Wow that has to be some kind of record! This thread is from last year. I hope she took them down very carefully and did a lot of conditioning. I know someone who wore braids for over a year and got 18" of new growth but she lost a lot of it because she was pretty rough in taking out the extensions.

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I wanted to say that as well.....:lol: Funny thing is I used to think that it was less harsh if a kiddie perm was used.

Me too, until I got a bald spot from my Just For Me kiddie perm in May 05:mad:

ETA: fixed typo

Dannygirl said:

They will not listen to you even if your hair was down your back. I went to visit my cousin this weekend. I am finally to the bottom of my brastrap. My cousin could not believe how my hair has grown so long and she kept asking me for my secrets. I started telling her and each time she kept looking at me like I was crazy. I was trying to tell her about protein treatments and moisturizing conditioners but I felt like she was not listening. It is her lost. I know she is going to ask me again. I am just not going to say anything.

WillyGWifey said:
you ain't never lie and you know I feel like that sometimes...........ppl just look at you like 'if u kno so much about hair why isn't urs down to the floor'.......all you got is your progress.

ITA. People look at your hair and are like, "Hun, well then why isn't yours all down your back." But as your hair gets healthier and longer, they'll come around. Ha, I know this one girl who was trying to give me hair advice while her hair constantly looks dry and unloved. I mean, she stays with that pick in her pocket just pullin it on through. She saw me doing my hair and was like, "Your so gentle with your hair, I just yank the pick on through..." I wanted to be like, "Um yea, and that's why your hair looks the way it does." But the Lord was with me and I was just smiled and was like :look:

Back