So I Used A Colour Remover

Kindheart

on relaxed hair ,came out a bit more damaged than it was but nothing major .
My issue is ,some parts are reddish and the front mid hair- ends still black .
I wanted to try C .Rouge Henna from Lush but afraid it's going to turn out bright orange on top (I have greys too) and still black on the ends .
How can I correct this ?should I dye it golden brown and add henna later on ?how do I lighten the black parts

By colour remover, do you mean bleach it or that your hair was previously relaxed and bleached but you dyed over it and removed the colour with a colour remover?

By colour remover, do you mean bleach it or that your hair was previously relaxed and bleached but you dyed over it and removed the colour with a colour remover?
I used Oops color remover which is bleach free ,on my relaxed hair .Now my roots are lighter with red reflections and the rest is dark brown/black .

Henna and dye don't mix, so don't dye it, if your goal is to use a henna treatment.
I henna'd a section of my hair then bleached it then dyed over it and it actually stayed pretty strong. Plus lush also dilute their henna.

I did research beforehand just in case and found posts of Caucasian women that had bleached henna'd hair and for most their hair didn't melt away like they say can happen.

on relaxed hair ,came out a bit more damaged than it was but nothing major .
My issue is ,some parts are reddish and the front mid hair- ends still black .
I wanted to try C .Rouge Henna from Lush but afraid it's going to turn out bright orange on top (I have greys too) and still black on the ends .
How can I correct this ?should I dye it golden brown and add henna later on ?how do I lighten the black parts
I actual recommend that you don't use henna not because of the risk of dage but because of the colour. Esp if you know you may want to experiment with colour in the future.

Wow. My hair would have disintegrated with alladat.

You want the black parts gone. The best way least damaging at this pount in the game is to chop them off. If you dont want to do that then I say go to a professional.

Sounds like your hairs been through a lot recently. Im sure youd hate to see it washing down the sink.

As long as the henana is baq, (body art quality )thenyou shouldn't have any issues.
If you want to henana over commercial color, do a strand test first to.not only make sure you get the color you want, but to make sure that your hair will not melt or turn green

Isn't oops color remover only supposed to remove permanent and semi permanent hair dyes? Is there a non bleach product out there that will lift your hair color?

You could try reapplying the color remover on just the dark parts. I would condition the crap out of my hair afterwards. I wouldn't try to box dye it first, just because with the relaxer and the color remover, putting box dye on is a lot of chemical processing. That's how my hair broke off the first time. :blush2:

Back