So I tried the keratin treatment from Ulta...(kinda long)

pcRN

So I am 28 weeks post and transitioning without the bc. My hair began to break off from the constant damp bunning, so I decided to wear my hair straight more often. I've been going to a stylist every 2 weeks and she's been flat ironing my hair and I've cut off 2 inches of relaxed ends so far. It seemed like I was wasting my money because my hair would revert within hours, so I decided to try the keratin treatment.The process was really easy and only took a couple of hours to do. It looks like I just got a fresh relaxer. My hair is shiny and has lots of body. I've been in and out of the rainy weather all day and my hair is still straight. I think I will continue to do this until I get rid of the relaxed ends. My pics really do not do my hair any justice, but here are a few.

Attachments

• comic.jpg
    comic.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 213
So I am 28 weeks post and transitioning without the bc. My hair began to break off from the constant damp bunning, so I decided to wear my hair straight more often. I've been going to a stylist every 2 weeks and she's been flat ironing my hair and I've cut off 2 inches of relaxed ends so far. It seemed like I was wasting my money because my hair would revert within hours, so I decided to try the keratin treatment.The process was really easy and only took a couple of hours to do. It looks like I just got a fresh relaxer. My hair is shiny and has lots of body. I've been in and out of the rainy weather all day and my hair is still straight. I think I will continue to do this until I get rid of the relaxed ends. My pics really do not do my hair any justice, but here are a few.

I like it.I think it looks good.

Wow, I just decided TODAY that I would get BKT for the summer. I'm in Chi and was just gonna add Ulta to the list of possible salons to have it done. Especially since Ulta is a bit cheaper than the other salon that was recommended to me.

this looks very easy--i will try this---

i texlax but would do anything to stop putting chemicals in my hair altogether---so i def have to see what this is about

Im glad you had a positive experience because mine was HORRIBLE. I have been looking into getting the treatment since October and I finally booked an appointment about 4 weeks ago. My plan was to get the keratin treatment, trim my ends and get a sew in so I can grow my hair out, the keratin was just for added protection while my hair was braided up. My hair is naturally curly, a mixture between 3a-3c and I love my curls. I was assured and reassured that it would not disturb or take away my curl. I got it done on a Friday and I did everything i was supposed to do and nothing i wasnt supposed to do; ie: wrap it up at night, no clips, no hats, no ponytails... On Tuesday night I washed my hair and to my horror, my hair looked relaxed. no curl what so ever....:wallbash: I was in tears, my hair is finally gaining some length and now i have to start back at square one... i was bout to cut my hair off but i went back to Ulta and made an appointment with the manager who assured and reassured me that my curl would come back. I asked how she could be sure since she was so sure that my curl would not be disturbed and she said because it ws not a chemical. She said to wash my hair everyday with CLARIFYING shampoo (yeah right) and eventually my curl will come back. I called the manufactorer to see what they suggest and they pleaded for me not to cut my hair and said that my curls will come back in 3-6 months and when i explained to her how I was getting my hair put into a weave she said that it would take longer to revert back since I will not be washing my hair everyday... :perplexed Needless to say, I got my money back and I will not recommend that service to anyone since they cannot guarantee thier product. The thing that got to me the most was the fact that they didnt seem to be phased by it at all. It took me getting very upset and a little loud for them to really get thier a$$ in gear. I told them i hated the look and if i wnte a relaxer, I would have gotten one. I can flat iron my curly hair and it looks like i was born with straight hair, I have bounce and all, now it is just straight, some bounce and not as much swing...:nono: well, lessen learned for me....

Back