So I started this ..

xxCami

good morning...
I need suggestions tips or whatever can help.

I wasn't able to take a better pic but my hair is top of shoulder length wet. I'm not natural but feel like it.

in the picture my hair is wet, what does wet permed hair look like? Mine is straight, a bit kinky, and curly. I think I am a 4b. But when its wet does that change what you are?

Also I tried the keratin reconstructor the 2 minute one. And I fet a difference immediately..so after I rinsed it out. I placed giovanni conditioner nn my hair. and not planing to rinse it out...can you do that after a reconstructor ?

then after that I put a little bit of my mixture on it...

it has ors carrot oil
ors shea butter
emergency 911
biolage hydra seal
africa six oil
miracle 8 oil

then I sealed the ends with the hydraseal... now I did the bantu knots for the first time. is this a protective style or used to air dry. I used it to air dry. that's the pic I took. I swear I texlax even though my hair doesn't look like the texlaxers. I know every1 is different ..lol

also was that only for texlaxers?

also does mango butter really seal ends?

now I'm sure theres no right/ wrong way for some things. but I am a newbie that just would like/needs some guidance.

Last edited:
bump.gif

good morning...

I wasn't able to take a better pic but my hair is top of shoulder length wet. I'm not natural but feel like it.

in the picture my hair is wet, what does wet permed hair look like? Mine is straight, a bit kinky, and curly. I think I am a 4b. But when its wet does that change what you are?

Also I tried the keratin reconstructor the 2 minute one. And I fet a difference immediately..so after I rinsed it out. I placed giovanni conditioner nn my hair. and not planing to rinse it out...can you do that after a reconstructor ?

it has ors carrot oil
ors shea butter
emergency 911
biolage hydra seal
africa six oil
miracle 8 oil

then I sealed the ends with the hydraseal... now I did the bantu knots for the first time. is this a protective style or used to air dry. I used it to air dry. that's the pic I took. I swear I texlax even though my hair doesn't look like the texlaxers. I know every1 is different ..lol

now I'm sure theres no right/ wrong way for some things. but I am a newbie that just would like/needs some guidance.

hi cami
first i want to welcome u to the board and wish you luck on your hair journey. i think we are in the same situation, my hair is relaxed and when its wet it looks kinda natural and feels natural, but i like it that way cuz when i flatiron it has has more body and thickness. after a protein treatment like the 2 min keratin i always deep condtion, its fine to leave conditioner in ur hair if you like i do it sometimes if i'm not going to flat iron my hair, you will want to use a moisturizer that is water based(water should be the first listed ingredient) and a sealant that is either oil or silicone based to seal the water into the hair shaft. i only use elasta QP mango butter when i do my bantu knots, its a moisturizer but it is too heavy and has proteins so it might make ur hair a little hard if used frequently i were bantu knots as a protective style to give me that curly look without curlers or heat, when i air dry if i want a straighter look i will pull my wet hair into a ponytail and put a curler on the ends and then tie it down with a scarf when i wake up in the morning all i do is take out the curler and my hair is all set already in a ponytail, i learned this from someone on the board and i use it frequently when i'm trying to not manipulate too much

hope that helped
Good luck

hi cami
first i want to welcome u to the board and wish you luck on your hair journey. i think we are in the same situation, my hair is relaxed and when its wet it looks kinda natural and feels natural, but i like it that way cuz when i flatiron it has has more body and thickness. after a protein treatment like the 2 min keratin i always deep condtion, its fine to leave conditioner in ur hair if you like i do it sometimes if i'm not going to flat iron my hair, you will want to use a moisturizer that is water based(water should be the first listed ingredient) and a sealant that is either oil or silicone based to seal the water into the hair shaft. i only use elasta QP mango butter when i do my bantu knots, its a moisturizer but it is too heavy and has proteins so it might make ur hair a little hard if used frequently i were bantu knots as a protective style to give me that curly look without curlers or heat, when i air dry if i want a straighter look i will pull my wet hair into a ponytail and put a curler on the ends and then tie it down with a scarf when i wake up in the morning all i do is take out the curler and my hair is all set already in a ponytail, i learned this from someone on the board and i use it frequently when i'm trying to not manipulate too much

hope that helped
Good luck

Yes it did, I just wanted a confirmation on a few things. so I am going to repost this i guess to see what others have to say.. !
I took that pic last night. lol

I'm gonna answer what I can... :) My answers are in red.

good morning...

in the picture my hair is wet, what does wet permed hair look like? Mine is straight, a bit kinky, and curly. I think I am a 4b. But when its wet does that change what you are? - Are you asking if your hair type changes depending on if your hair is wet or dry? If so, no. It may *look* a little different, but your hair type never really changes. Most ppl go by what their hair looks like when it's dry and free of any product. Then you'll get a more true read of your hair type.

Also I tried the keratin reconstructor the 2 minute one. And I fet a difference immediately..so after I rinsed it out. I placed giovanni conditioner nn my hair. and not planing to rinse it out...can you do that after a reconstructor ? Alot of ladies use conditioners as their leave in, including myself. So I don't think you'll have a problem there. :)

it has ors carrot oil
ors shea butter
emergency 911
biolage hydra seal
africa six oil
miracle 8 oil

then I sealed the ends with the hydraseal... now I did the bantu knots for the first time. is this a protective style or used to air dry. I think it's both. It's protective in that your ends are hidden/covered and not exposed to the elements. And you can airdry in bantu knots then once it's dry, loosen them for a wavy look. It's called a 'Bantu Knot-Out'. You can do a search on the board for pictures of ladies who have done this before; it's very pretty. :) I used it to air dry. that's the pic I took. I swear I texlax even though my hair doesn't look like the texlaxers. I know every1 is different ..lol

also was that only for texlaxers? I don't understand your question.

also does mango butter really seal ends? That's kinda up in the air from what I've read. In my opinion, it can act as a sealant AND as a moisturizer. But see how your hair responds to it. :yep:

HTH!!!!! Welcome to the board!!! :D

I love Mango Butter...I use Elasta QP Mango Butter for my ends at night and seal with oil every night..works for my relaxed ends

:yep:
I'm gonna answer what I can... :) My answers are in red.

HTH!!!!! Welcome to the board!!! :D

Thank you for taking the time to help me..
I was asking about texlaxing..

like the bantu knots.. I got the idea from many texlaxers. lol
well when i wasnt subscribed.

First off, I do not see a pic.

To answer your question, as long as you wash, dc, leave-in, then seal, you are good to go. Everyone has their variation of this: some do not use leave-in, some only use oil. Experiment to figure out what is best for you.

Your concoction seems to be product-heavy. Be careful for product buildup. If you use all of that product at once, the amount you apply should be just enough...do not overuse and weigh hair down.

To answer your question, as long as you wash, dc, leave-in, then seal, you are good to go. Everyone has their variation of this: some do not use leave-in, some only use oil. Experiment to figure out what is best for you.

Your concoction seems to be product-heavy. Be careful for product buildup. If you use all of that product at once, the amount you apply should be just enough...do not overuse and weigh hair down.

True. (product heavy)
Well believe it or not, my hair eats it like no other. I can moisturize mon and wed.. it will be dry.

hi xxCami! welcome :wave:

i didn't open or respond to your first post cuz i saw you were relaxed... i just assumed someone with relaxed hair would come help you out, LOL.

you determine your hair texture by what your natural hair looks like when dry, with no styling product or extra manipulation. so don't go by what your relaxed/texlaxed hair looks like, go by your new growth.

i use regular conditioner as my leave-in all the time. :yep:

bantu knots are a protective style, you can also use them to airdry. 2 for 1 :grin:

don't know anything about mango butter, if it works for you then great.

i saw in this thread you also mentioned your hair is dry and "eats" (soaks up) moisturizing products. have you tried co-washing? it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a shot seeing how it works for you. ;)

and we are picture-crazed on this site... or at least i am. i don't care if your hair is short/medium/long, relaxed/natural, still recovering from damage or picture-perfect. like they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. it helps us further help you :yep:

ITA!:yep:-------

Im going to co wash next week or the week after next so the stuff i moisturize my hair with .. I guess gets a good tasting. lol or drenching.
I left the conditioner in to air dry with for the first time. and my hair feels great. :blush3:

Thanks for the advice and stuff!

i didn't open or respond to your first post cuz i saw you were relaxed... i just assumed someone with relaxed hair would come help you out, LOL.

you determine your hair texture by what your natural hair looks like when dry, with no styling product or extra manipulation. so don't go by what your relaxed/texlaxed hair looks like, go by your new growth.

bantu knots are a protective style, you can also use them to airdry. 2 for 1 :grin:

i saw in this thread you also mentioned your hair is dry and "eats" (soaks up) moisturizing products. have you tried co-washing? it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a shot seeing how it works for you. ;)

and we are picture-crazed on this site... or at least i am. i don't care if your hair is short/medium/long, relaxed/natural, still recovering from damage or picture-perfect. like they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. it helps us further help you :yep:

Welcome,

You do use alot of products and using too much can coat your hair making it appear dry.

Before you do your first co-wash, especially since you use alot of heavey products, it would be best to clarify your hair. That way you can see if the co-washing is effective or not.

:bump::bump:Bumping for xxCami

Re: It would be very helpful to see a photo.:Flahsssss

in the picture my hair is wet, what does wet permed hair look like?
Re: It depends on your individual texture and the strength of the relaxer youu've used and the processing time and the health of your hair.
There is no one description for what wet relaxed hair looks like.

Mine is straight, a bit kinky, and curly.
Re: OK, That sounds like you hay be underprocessed in some areas. It would be easier to give an opinion if there were a photo.

I think I am a 4b. But when its wet does that change what you are?
Re: It does not change but remember, it is just a general classifying system and it is often confusing. I have seen many comment that they are a 4b with a texlaxed texture of 3c. I think that is a fair way to describe the amount of texture for some people.

Also I tried the keratin reconstructor the 2 minute one. And I fet a difference immediately..so after I rinsed it out. I placed giovanni conditioner in my hair and not planing to rinse it out...can you do that after a reconstructor?
Re: I've never used the keratin reconstructor.

Re: I don't really understand what you're asking here.

Re: I don't know but I think mango butter is more of a moisturizing humectant.

Welcome to the board

ITA w/ u LadyL, and yes WE NEED HAIR PHOTOS UP IN THIS PIECE! Girl I suggest u get to someone digital camera and clickway and plug it up to a computer stat!

xxCami maybe u need to seal your moisture in w/ oil. Mango butter is a humectant just like avocado butter and almond butter.

Back