So...I just started my extra month stretch and just remembered

sj73

I promised myself I would stretch for an extra month in 2011 (4 months instead of 3) and I just remembered that I don't like the way my braidouts look at the end of 3 months. Even though I still wash my hair every week like I always do, my braidouts start to look like a jheri curl right at 3 months. No matter how little product I use, my hair looks weighed down. I'll be wearing my braidouts either pinned up or pulled back for this final month...it looks crazy when I wear it down all over. :perplexed

How do you do your braidouts? When I do mine on soaking wet hair, my hair is more "shrunken" when dry. When I let my hair air dry 50-75% first, my final product (the wave pattern) is more elongated.

What products are you using? I can only use a bit of oil on my ends. If I use any oily/greasy products for my braidouts, they tend to look weighed-down.

Do you use a clarifying shampoo regularly? Good luck with your stretch? Where da pitchas at?

I continue to use a clarifying shampoo once a month during my stretches. I thought about that too, but haven't done it more regularly just yet. Sorry, not pitchas of my jacked up braidout for ya!

How do you do your braidouts? When I do mine on soaking wet hair, my hair is more "shrunken" when dry. When I let my hair air dry 50-75% first, my final product (the wave pattern) is more elongated.

What products are you using? I can only use a bit of oil on my ends. If I use any oily/greasy products for my braidouts, they tend to look weighed-down.

I really don't have a problem with my braidouts the first day I do them. I love the way they look during weeks 6-12. However, after week 12 (even using the same products), they don't really hold up that well. Maybe the extra new growth is the reason. Still trying to figure this out. I use Strength by Nature products at night when I rebraid my hair at night. In the morning, I take them apart and seal them at the same time with Wheatgerm oil. Don't do anything really different or use anything different than I do during the early weeks when they look great. I do my braidouts on 75% dry hair.

Back