So... I had no shedding/breakage during a cowash. Help me with this...

missliberia

Hey ladies!

So on Saturday I washed and conditioned as per usual then did a twistout on blow dried hair. On Wednesday night I pre-pooed with a cheap Suave conditioner and coconut oil on damp hair (I spritzed with water). I woke up Thursday (yesterday) morning and rinsed out the pre-poo then cowashed with the same cheapie Suave conditioner. When I detangled there were NO SHED OR BROKEN HAIRS! How did this happen? This is NEVER the case for me. Which part do you think had that effect? Thanks in advance!

Clears throat...are you complaining about NOT losing any hair? I'm just trying to understand. Keep doing whatever you just did and report back in 6 months about how much hair you've retained.

Everything I did was different. I generally just cowash in the middle of the week without pre-pooing. I never pre-poo, actually. But my question was, what do you think made the detangling go so smoothly as to not have shedding? The added cocnute oil? Do any of you pre-poo with a conditioner AND an oil? What are some of your results?

Lol doesn't sound like a problem...sounds like a solution to me ;) if you figure out what the secret formula is, let us know!

I had a similar experience when I dry detangled my hair with oils before I put conditioner on it. I drenched my hair and massaged my scalp with coconut oil and maybe olive oil and my shedding reduced by at least half. This was after keeping my hair in a protective style for a month. I was impressed. Cipriana from Urban Bush Babes wrote a post about it as well.
http://urbanbushbabes.com/2011/04/i%E2%80%99m-a-believer-my-experience-with-natural-oils-and-less-shedding/

Thanks! This was very imformative
:)

Back