So I got my pure coconut oil.....

itismehmmkay

...my old roomie (who's Indian) hooked me up
smile.gif

She went to this Indian store that she usually frequents and picked it up for me. It was 3 bucks ya'll!
ooo.gif

It's called Dabur Anmol: Pure Coconut Oil. Everything is written in another language.

I haven't used it on my hair just yet, but I'll give ya'll some updates later.

Oh, btw....she and some of my other Indian friends said that their mothers used to put coconut oil in their hair when they were little girls...mad inspiration!

sounds great. congrats on the great hair deal. did she purchase this in america for ya ? ? ? three bucks sounds like a steal ! ! !
smile.gif

I love pure coconut oil...I get a 10 oz jar for around three bucks at a whole food store....this stuff is a keeper!

I just bought some coconut oil to mix with my shea butter, because I can't stand the smell of the pure shea butter, and I added some essential oils for fragrance....the stuff works great!!! It makes my hair softer than anything I've tried, and it's not heavy. Also, coconut oil is great for moisturizing your skin!

Go with coco!!

Funny...I just slathered some on my damp hair (Im airdrying in a ponytail). Then I wore a tight satin scarf over it for a couple of hours. When I removed it, My hair was SO soft and smooth, as if Id blowdried it! My roots are a little flatter too. I bought a jar of pure unrefined coconut oil over the summer because I heard on another board that it straightened new growth when used w/heat (e.g. rollerset). I never used it until recently and I can say, that even without heat, this is a keeper! And yes...Ive been LOVING it on my skin even more...

I purchased pure coconut oil from my local grocery store.

So the coconut oil is only applied to the hair and not the scalp right?

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
So the coconut oil is only applied to the hair and not the scalp right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have applied it to my scalp with excellent results. It wasn't heavy at all. I got mine from a healthfood store.

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

What are the benefits of coconut oil again? Someone mentioned that it helps with new growth..but what else?

Dabur also has a wonderful line of hair care products (all natural).
grin.gif
. My friend Sajid (from India) is sending me a few things from their Vatika product line that I can't find here locally. All of their products are enriched with coconut oil...and some with henna too. I can't wait to get my package in the mail!
drunk.gif
Dabur actually recommends that you use the oil on both the hair...and the scalp to see results.

Natori, here is some information about coconut oil...
http://www.coconutoil.com
It has a lot of health benefits!

I dunno if my coconut oil is pure because I don't have the same results as a lot of you all. I got mine from Cedarvale, has anyone else used this brand of coconut oil with great results? Sometimes I use it as a pre-poo treatment, but it is very greasy to me and doesn't soak into my hair well. I remember someone saying a while back that refined coconut oil will actually dry your hair out; I hope that's not what I have.
frown.gif

I have been using Dabur for a while and it does make my hair very soft if used of hot oil, it melts right in your hands but the smell is strong, but I like it, it is pure and u can eat it, dont ask me how but it is edible
look.gif
, I pay less then $3 about 2.49 at HEB or indian store, halal meat store, in tx it should not be that hard to find, I dont really know all the benefits too using it but I enjoy it alot

me, too.. but I'm not using mine now. It's cold out and my oil hardens. I'll wait until summer, rather than warm it up to use it..
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Laela said:
me, too.. but I'm not using mine now. It's cold out and my oil hardens. I'll wait until summer, rather than warm it up to use it..
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I thought I was goin crazy...I stepped outside the other morning with coconut oil in my hair, and my hair got really stiff all the sudden, I should have known it would do that,cuz it always hardens up in the bottle after I warm it.
grin.gif

Back