So I got a Kinky Curly Weave...Ohh Father!

westNDNbeauty

Here is a still shot of the weave from my youtube video.

weavestillshot-e1320199834607.jpg

Let me tell you, NOW I remember why I've not been to a stylist in the last 15 years. This joker aint know JACK SQUAT about healthy hair care, much less natural hair and definitely not a natural weave.

Three words. Rat. Tail. Comb. :perplexed

Sorry. I had to vent to my LHCF divas.

I loooooove your install!! Very natural looking!

I wish I could set all rat tail combs on fire. Well on second thought...I'd like to leave the tail of the comb for scratching my scalp when its in a weave or braids. Other than that, there's no reason for why a comb should have teeth so close together. Who's hair is that supposed to get through?

Now off to stalk your YouTube for the video...hehe

ETA: Omg, I feel so bad listening to your experience but I had to pause the video to say that I am CTFU at these voice overs...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
It looks nice.

But I can definitely relate with the installation bit.

Some people really don't know how to handle hair. What a shame.

This is just what I came in looking for. I'm going on a cruise next week and decided to finally use the Laniks KKx2 to do a weave.

I've had the hair for about 2 years now but I've always been a little too shy to go for it.

The cruise and wanting to put my hair away for the Winter helped me to make my decision .

I came in looking for how to care for ideas. Off to check out your vid now.

Thank you

Thank ya'll!

This hair is so heavy, I've been having headaches and neck/shoulder pains (old injury) every day since installing. I doubt this install is gonna make it through the weekend :/

Oh dear rat tail comb (cringe) really?? your hair looks great. I Wouldn't mind if you would vent more and go into detail if you like.

Last edited:
IA, it's very pretty. Sorry to hear it won't last. Have you tried a water mix on your scalp to help relieve some of the tension? I would hate for the rattail experience to have been in vain...

From your still pic. your install looks very nice. I would have had my own combs and insisted on her using them.

IA, it's very pretty. Sorry to hear it won't last. Have you tried a water mix on your scalp to help relieve some of the tension? I would hate for the rattail experience to have been in vain...

It's not the braids that are tight, it's the extra ounces of weight on my neck and shoulders that's causing the problem. A few years ago I was under medical care for the injury. The weave is just irritating it.

Janet' -- Its out! And now I need to go to a chiropractor. You cannot believe how painful that was on my neck and shoulders. There was no way I could have gone another week with it in.

I was poppin ibuprofen everyday! :ohwell:

westNDNbeauty Wow!! That's sounds awful! I'm so very sorry!! I know "they" beauty is pain but seriously, nothing, not even hair is worth your health!!!

Back