So I did my 1st successful twistout and...

chasturner84

...this is how it turned out. I sprayed Scurl on my hair and made 4 flat twists. and rolled the ends with satin covered foam rollers. I sprayed a lot of scurl on my hair and it was still a bit damp after I took my hair down. It also began to frizz a bit but it was welcomed. I love big frizzy hair. I am 7 weeks post now and have about 1 inch of NG. I took an afro pick and lifted my roots which gave me a lot of volume. I will try doing my hair the same way again and if I am 2 for 2, this will be my summer style. :grin:

What do you think?

Attachments

• Twistout before fluffing.jpg
    Twistout before fluffing.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Very cute. I've never tried a twistout. I always think of them as being for natural hair, but this makes me want to give it a try, especially since I'm 20 weeks post.

Thanks Ladies! Love.akihsoy, I think I got looser waves because I didn't have many twists. I know from the past, the more twists I did the tighter the waves were...and I didn't like it on me.

Ooooh that is the best twist out I have ever seen. Your hair looks so shiny and moist. Great job. I think I may give them another try.

That looks absolutely fabulous! I can never get my twistouts to look like that. BUT ... I never do flat twists either. I may have to give that a try. :yep:

That looks really nice. I'm surprised you were able to set the curls on straight hair with something wet like S Curl. I'd expect it to enhance natural curls on 3C but would think it'd make relaxed hair just flop (I'm of course assuming you are relaxed; I don't know). I am very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks.

That looks really nice. I'm surprised you were able to set the curls on straight hair with something wet like S Curl. I'd expect it to enhance natural curls on 3C but would think it'd make relaxed hair just flop (I'm of course assuming you are relaxed; I don't know). I am very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks.

Well thank you Nonie :grin:! BTW, I love reading your posts. Yes I am relaxed and was also surprised that the S-Curl didn't completely destroy the style. In fact, after I had taken the twists down and fluffed, my hair dried quickly and the curls set in a perfect shape. The style looked even better once my new growth began to slightly frizz. Definitely a keeper.

Back