So embarrassed - - Wig trauma

OP, I'm sorry no one told you.

:lachen: at the church lady not being able to return her suit! :lachen:

Backtomyroots, you know I wantcha friend, Cliffe! He's too cool for words! :lol: :lol:

Hey ladies,

So I just had a wig related traumatic experience the other night. So my friends (about 7 people) and I were chilling, just having fun dancing to some song. We were all trying to do this move from the video and when I did it my wig completely falls off and lands on the floor. At that moment I wasnt embarassed because I was overtaken by shock, so I just picked up my piece went to the bathroom and put it back on. My friend came into see if I was ok and she was like.."whoa i thought that was just a weave." She's not black so I know it confused her, especially seeing someone our age wearing a wig. Of course I played it off as if it was no big deal. But after thinking about the incident, I feel more and more embarassed. My friends were cool, they didnt laugh or anything, and we went throughout the night as if nothing happened. But my thoughts about the night (when I replay it in my head) torment me. I try not to think about it, but I cant help but think of how foolish I must have looked. God I just want to crawl under a rock and die. How do I get over it?

Everyone has their embarrassing moments!! You will never see the people at the club again & your friends are your friends. They should understand. It will all be ok! Stop playing the incident over in your mind. That will drive you crazy!

Not too many things can make my dad mad, but what happened to the OP would. He would be like "Somebody should have told you." For that reason, my dad is always the one to inform us that we have spinach in our teeth, smeared make-up, etc. Dad also gets angry if you don't tell him that something is not right with him.

I like how your dad thinks! That's cool.:yep:

i'm really sorry this happened to you, but i am glad that you have gotten to the point that you can talk about it with your efriends and not burst out in tears.

That is a shame and when I did wear my wigs or phony tails that was what I feared but if you use the phony tail make sure the draw string is tight enough if you use the straw string piece. or make sure the combs are in enough but we all (whomever uses pieces fear) don't feel bad.

The horror :blush:. . . I would have stopped you to say 'hey girl' and just reached for it (the tag) :grin: and you could have continued your 'cute and sassy' sasshay down the hall.

I hate when people do that :wallbash:. . . PLEASE tell me if I have a 'bat in the cave', spinach in my teeth, or wig tag showing :lachen:. It's just common decency :rolleyes:

OH no, I can't believe they didn't tell you. I have told perfect strangers when things weren't right w/their hair or outfit. I would want someone to tell me.

Dang, nobody said a word? I am so sorry.:(

I know there is a discrete way to tell someone, it's not like having to tell someone that they have bad breath or they smell like 3 day old fish, sheech :ohwell: I would have been mortified.

Ms. ______ looked at that tag and snatched it from the girl. She jerked so hard when she snatched, I thought she was gonna pinch the little girls fingers off. The whole church fell out laughing. I felt so bad for the little girl she didn't know why Ms. _____ was so mad at her. Now she can't get the money back for that suit.

LOL@the last sentence.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but...
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

ETA~Ok...now. WHEW! That was a good one. I know I would have been embarrassed too but I would have laughed so hard at myself!

I am soooooooooo mad :swearing:that no one said anything to you being that i am a woman i can feel your pain i would have pulled you aside and told you. its just like if someone leaked that time of month. i would definetly want to know so i would tell you

Last edited:
happends to the best of us one time my friend and i went salsa dancing and she got spun so hard her phony bun flew right off :)

Picked my ponytail up and stucked it on my head. I litterally black out of embarassment after that...

:lachen::lachen::lachen: HOLLA! i can't help it . that is funny.

This thread is hilarious!

Okay, I'll have to tell someone when I see something wrong. Cuz in all honesty, I probably wouldn't have told you either. Not out of meanness, but just because it's an uncomfortable situation and I tend to avoid uncomfortable situations. I'll have to steady myself if ever I see someone's hair falling off to tell them!

This thread is hilarious!

Okay, I'll have to tell someone when I see something wrong. Cuz in all honesty, I probably wouldn't have told you either. Not out of meanness, but just because it's an uncomfortable situation and I tend to avoid uncomfortable situations. I'll have to steady myself if ever I see someone's hair falling off to tell them!

:lachen: I envisioned someone with their wig halfway off and to the side on their head...

Wow. That is soooo awful that no one told you about the tag! I feel your shame!!

BUT... here's worse

So I had just picked up this hot new wig, and decided to wear it to class. I thought I was looking pretty flyyyyyyyyyy. So I strut into the auditorium where class was being held, and I'm just looking around, watching people watch me, KNOWING that I look good. I even cut my eyes at a few females that looked at me for more than a few seconds as if to say "yeah, keep looking". When all of a sudden, someone tries to pass through the aisle behind me and brushes against my wig pretty hard. I feel my wig sliding off in that direction. I literally had to reach up and grab it before it fell completely OFF!! I had my hair wrapped up under a wig cap, and my bangs were out at the front along with a headband to separate my bangs from the wig, and I know all that was exposed for al to see! Once the girl saw what had happened she apologized profusely, as I quickly repositioned it the best I could (but i could feel that it still wasn't in place. I was just too embarrassed to move to fix it anymore). I felt like I was burning, and I kept waiting to hear the laughter from the others sitting behind me that I know had to have seen. The rest of the class period I sat sooo stiff and quiet. (not to mention, I was leaned forward so that couldn't happen again) I was too ashamed to move, or turn my head to look. Every time someone passed in the row behind me, I leaned forward a little more. I didn't really hear much of the lecture that day. When class let out, I pretended like I was gathering my stuff while I waited for the people in that area to clear out before I got up and rushed to the bathroom to secure it back into place :-(

I'm laughing so hard I am crying and I just did my make-up! But it is sooooo worth the laugh!

I must have some really nice looking phony ponies cuz they've been pulled from my head TWICE in the club (and i dont even club often). men get all excited dancing and feel like they want to see my hair 'loose' - lmao. i have to have my BFF be my P4 (personal phony pony protector) when we go out to prevent these occurrences.

Back