So Done With Mason Pearson Products!

Back in 2007 I bought a Denman boar bristle brush off of ebay. I noted that many of the bristles had uneven, rather jagged tips which looked very unfriendly to hair. I figured they were not cut so carefully. I resold it.

This year or late last year I figured I'd splurge on "the best" comb I could since I'm afraid of mechanical damage to my hair which is on the fragile side. Even my Denman brushes have seams on the bristles so I quit using them recently. Anyway, I purchased a Mason Pearson Detangling Comb, I just wanted a wide toothed comb, not for detangling but just for everyday brushing needs since it seemed safer to comb than brush hair. This one I got from Neiman Marcus so I have no doubt that it's genuine. I've been using it for many months now and just this past week decided to look at the teeth on it more carefully. What made me look was that I'd seen someone comment on a comb online mentioning how only the tips were polished but the inner teeth were not. Well, to my dismay this is the case with the Mason Pearson comb which cost me $29.00 or so ( for a COMB). ONLY the outer part of the teeth are polished, The inner teeth are fairly rough, no seams but ROUGH! They are not shiny like the outer parts of the teeth. This certainly can damage hair :(. I'm PISSED that I've been dragging this rough comb through my hair :cry3:!

Any rec's for a wide toothed comb that has SMOOTH teeth?

I also have a Kent comb. I actually ended up breaking one of the teeth trying to see if it's really seamless :look:. It's also a bit rough on the inner teeth :(.

Wooow wtf? I just picked mine up and all of my combs inside and out the teeth are perfectly smooth and seamless. I never feel my hair snagging which is why they're my tools of choice.

I guess I should clarify...my combs are smooth on the inside (no seams), but it is not polished like the outside of the comb as OP was expecting her combs would be.

I can't remember where I got mine, but, I had to sand and file it down! It was supposed to be seamless but when I got it it still had shards or material attached... >_< I paid a good deal for it too! But I was able to sand and file it down so its crazy smooth now. But the tines on it are wide enough for me to get my pinky finger almost to the base of the tines.

Back