So Conair is biting off of Maxiglide...

I don't know guys.. I thin Maxius took the idea from another flat iron..that was simliar to the Conair. I had a steam iron with combs back in the early 90's. I can't remember who made it, but my sister took it upon herself to give it away without asking me. '

And I couldn't find another like it until recently.

I think this is a pretty old idea, he just got an infomercial about it.

That looks kinda tight...no? Plus it's way cheaper.

It's like, $139...so the entire Maxius kit is cheaper, actually.

It looks kinda nice though. I can't wait for Maxius to find some natural 4a/b models.

I actually do believe what he said... that he can't find many natural 4a/b in Tampa, FL...or wherever he is at. Factoring in the humidty...I'd bet that most 4a/b are either loced up, relaxed, color treated, or don't bother flat ironing all the time cuz of the humidity.

I don't know guys.. I thin Maxius took the idea from another flat iron..that was simliar to the Conair. I had a steam iron with combs back in the early 90's. I can't remember who made it, but my sister took it upon herself to give it away without asking me. '

And I couldn't find another like it until recently.

I think this is a pretty old idea, he just got an infomercial about it.

Yep. Maxius actually stole this from Conair. I had their steam flat-iron back in the 90's. It was actually my favorite flat-iron. But it just stopped working after about 4 years and I couldn't find a replacement. You filled the little steam compartment with water and the combs were removable.

It's like, $139...so the entire Maxius kit is cheaper, actually.

It looks kinda nice though. I can't wait for Maxius to find some natural 4a/b models.

I actually do believe what he said... that he can't find many natural 4a/b in Tampa, FL...or wherever he is at. Factoring in the humidty...I'd bet that most 4a/b are either loced up, relaxed, color treated, or don't bother flat ironing all the time cuz of the humidity.

I did not even think of that. They ain't messing with Max! LOL

I actually like the Conair one. I mean the site looks good and the iron is more attractive to me than Maxiglide. The comb on it is not as scary.

I am still having a hard time with my Maxiglide, though. I am excited to try it on my neice this weekend. She has type 3c natural hair and they are having a hard time with it.

I am SO UPSET that my mom let a salon use Vigorol on her beautiful hair and they plan on using it again. This chick used Vigorol and Let's Jam on that baby's hair! :wallbash: Anyway, I think the maxiglide might be good for her hair.

Yep. Maxius actually stole this from Conair. I had their steam flat-iron back in the 90's. It was actually my favorite flat-iron. But it just stopped working after about 4 years and I couldn't find a replacement. You filled the little steam compartment with water and the combs were removable.

It was a god send back in the day! I loved that thing!

Really??^^^ Wow.

I used to use Conair irons back in the day... can someone find a pic of it or something? I'm interested in seeing it.

I ordered it and it finally came today. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY. My daughter used it already and her hair is gorgeous. Sorry we don't have a camera to don't holler at me to much.

I ordered it and it finally came today. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY. My daughter used it already and her hair is gorgeous. Sorry we don't have a camera to don't holler at me to much.

:blush: I got one too because I was curious. Everyone else was ordering the Maxiglide. The "combs" on it rock! No tugging or anything. My hair just glided through. I tried it on my nape on the lowest temp. I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to heat on my natural hair, but it turned out pretty good for being on a low temp. I immediately spritzed my hair with water to make sure my curls were still there :rolleyes:

the conair one is looking more appealing to me now... I like how sleek and small it is and the detangling comb less scary to me. I wish I knew which one I should invest in. Maybe I should buy both and try them on different sides of my hair and return the one that doesn't work as well.

the conair has a temperature thingy ranging from 285 - 395 and u get to use it for 30 days then u can return it.

So, is it a keeper for you or are you sending it back?

It is a keeper :grin: I am NOT sending it back. I love the combs on it and the fact that I don't have to turn it up to the highest temp to get good results.

The steam does not play, so I will wait a few months more before using it habitually. My hair is only 4 1/2 inches and when I use the steam it gets too close to my scalp :perplexed I noticed a difference in using steam and it's way better with than without.

I did buy a cheapie flat iron by Conair at Walgreens today for like $18 (and tons of heat protectant) and it has a 3/4" plate which makes it easier for shorter hair.

It is a keeper :grin: I am NOT sending it back. I love the combs on it and the fact that I don't have to turn it up to the highest temp to get good results.

The steam does not play, so I will wait a few months more before using it habitually. My hair is only 4 1/2 inches and when I use the steam it gets too close to my scalp :perplexed I noticed a difference in using steam and it's way better with than without.

I did buy a cheapie flat iron by Conair at Walgreens today for like $18 (and tons of heat protectant) and it has a 3/4" plate which makes it easier for shorter hair.

tell me, how does the steam part work. I just attempted a dry run on my child, is there a button on this thing for steam boost?

are you natural or relaxed?

All natural baby! I am getting a bit bored with my hair and decided to try my hand at flat ironing again. It's funny 'cause that seems to be one of the biggest fears for natural heads.

My sister and my nieces have never had a problem and they crank it up all the way to 400 degrees (their hair is tightly curled, way more than mine). I won't be doing that, but I will take my time doing it just in case :yep:

tell me, how does the steam part work. I just attempted a dry run on my child, is there a button on this thing for steam boost?

There's a switch on the left side.
Click that to the far left. I don't seem to get much of a steam effect when it's on the second click. If you look on the opposite side of the flat iron (where the comb is located) you will see that when you adjust the steam, that little black button will go up or down if you choose to not use the steam.

Opposite that is the part that actually pushes down on the black button when you clamp it shut.

Sounds confusing, but I am a visual person so sometimes it's hard to explain these things.

I saw that :yep: and drugstore.com will have it later this month for $99, but I don't want to go through all the packing and shipping this thing back. I'll deduct the amount I could have saved and apply it to the money I am expecting from Uncle Sam.

good idea cuz I'm not waiting either. lol

I don't know about that one. Long before I ever heard of Maxiglide, I had a Conair steam straightening iron. But, you're probably right tho.

There's a switch on the left side.
Click that to the far left. I don't seem to get much of a steam effect when it's on the second click. If you look on the opposite side of the flat iron (where the comb is located) you will see that when you adjust the steam, that little black button will go up or down if you choose to not use the steam.

Opposite that is the part that actually pushes down on the black button when you clamp it shut.

Sounds confusing, but I am a visual person so sometimes it's hard to explain these things.

I USED IT THIS MORNING, IT'S A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair is soft and glistening like NEW MONEY. I'm glad I made this purchase. I used the steam and my hair felt like silk. WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm this new Conair iron does look like stiff competition for the Maxiglide MP version....I am considering getting either one

**Maxiglide claims that you will not get burned if you place their iron close to your scalp....is this also the case for the Conair one?

After comparing the descriptions, it seems like that is the only thing that is not mentioned by Conair, however on the majority of the specifications, the two irons seem very similar.....

I remember using a steam flat iron on my hair back in the day. Wow, talk about going down memory lane. :lol:I don't even remember the name brand.

I remember using a steam flat iron on my hair back in the day. Wow, talk about going down memory lane. :lol:I don't even remember the name brand.

I know the steam thing is not rreally new.

I remember years ago a girl was using one at the ticket booth at the train station (yeah.. I know :lol:). I asked her about it. It was not Maxiglide. I thought it would not work on my hair because she was a white girl with what looked like type 1 or 2 hair.

But, these are not new.

I want to try the conair one. I am having trouble with the Maxiglide.

Back