so apparently yall

I did it myself.
I use Texture & Tones to color my hair. I have no idea what color it was b/c it was a while back.
I get a highlight cap, pull strands through it and just put color on those strands so I can get highlights using a permanent instead of whole head color. Before my rinse last week this was my hair color

eta. It's been over 6 months since i did it

Dee is a hair color expert:yep:

its so nice and shiny and healthy, i love it.....:yep:

ok here's what i'm going to do....i went out to walgreens and bought a permament dye because i'm really wanting something new. i tried it out on a piece of jet black weave hair that i dyed that i use to make my bun fuller and i FELL IN LOVE WITH THE COLOR :lick:.

oh...this is what i bought in intense red(its made specifically for dark hair colors)...
367111.jpg

i'm going to do high lights and mainly just the front area of my head, my hair needs some "oomph" to it....my hair regimen is going to have to change and i'm going to have to fall back on what little heat i've been using but its going to be worth it...

i'll be back later with some pics :)

I guess it's too late. I was gonna suggest Wella demi-permanent color from Sally's. You have to purchase the 10 or 20 volume developer to go along with it. This link has a lot of info on caring for colored hair: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=155597&highlight=demi

Just couldn't rest til you got her in your house... if you're going to do it, do NOT dye the very front of your hair line. Start a couple mm back. This prevents the front from breaking. Follow that rule all the way around your hairline. I learned this the hard way when I had blonde chunks. BTW, I'm sorry if I swayed you :grin: and you did read correctly, my natural hair color is very light.

its so nice and shiny and healthy, i love it.....:yep:

ok here's what i'm going to do....i went out to walgreens and bought a permament dye because i'm really wanting something new. i tried it out on a piece of jet black weave hair that i dyed that i use to make my bun fuller and i FELL IN LOVE WITH THE COLOR :lick:.

oh...this is what i bought in intense red(its made specifically for dark hair colors)...
367111.jpg

i'm going to do high lights and mainly just the front area of my head, my hair needs some "oomph" to it....my hair regimen is going to have to change and i'm going to have to fall back on what little heat i've been using but its going to be worth it...

i'll be back later with some pics :)

ugh, i am so disappointed.......:perplexed

it didn't take well at all, i mean there is literally like one spot on my head where you can see a lil bit of the color....what a waste of time...:ohwell:...i won't even bother with posting a pic....

thanks ladies for all your help....

i'm goin' to the corner now lol

**at least my rollerset turned out nice and bouncy**

Back