So about this Hair One Olive....

unalteredone

Yesterday I cowashed with Hair One cleansing cream in Olive. I say cowash because i didnt scrub my scalp or anything, i just rinsed and put some more in for a few mins and then used a few pumps as a leave in + some coconut oil. My hair didnt feel especially moisturized or soft, but my hair usually hates cowashing, and it was really easy to detangle so i has happy enough. I put in a couple of braids and rolled the ends on flexirods hoping for a decent braidout for the night. I dried under my new Lava Soft Bonnet dryer (me likey) partially and partially airdried. When i had to get ready to go out, my hair was mostly dry so i thought i'd take the frizz chance and unbraid it anyway. I unbraided and WOW my hair was shiny, which it NEVER is when i do braidouts, very defined, and SOFT. (sorry, no pics, i was rushing to meet people) Usually my braidouts feel dry and kind of crunchy but no, my hair was like a pillow. I played in it all night. I was SO happy to have finally found something that will make my braidouts work.

But when i woke up this morning.. my hair was dry, like it usually is after a braidout, even though i applied a little more Hair One and put it into a few braids to sleep. I wonder if my braidout was so good because of the product or the better quality dryer? I'm sure it's a little of both.

Has anyone experienced this with the Hair One? A lot of softness the first day, but dryness the second day? I'm still gonna use this for my wet-to-dry braidouts, but I'm curious if i could do something different to retain that soft shiny goodness.

I never use it alone. I use this as shampoo then rinse then apply a mpisturizing conditioner. I hadn't tried it as a leave in..

This product was so-so for me. I will probably not be repurchasing. I will stick to my Keracare Shampoo:lick:

This was so-so as a leave-in, but off the chain as a rinse out con:drunk::drunk::spinning:
I'm going on 14 wks post, and I can comb my hair, starting at the ROOT, with NO tangles, and NO comb full of hair! I pre-poo with a mixture of aloe and shea butter con and SE hair mayo, shampoo, then follow with this. It's worked magic for the past 4 shampoos!

Back