Sniff Sniff Is My Hair Burning?!

You're welcome, I just hate reading stories about set backs. Sometimes we don't speak up out of fear of confrontation, or hurting someones feelings. I am glad you did. I have not had any set backs and I thank God for that. We have to be vocal and not be passive when it comes to our hair. No one is gonna love it the way we do.

yeah that is so true because i have encountered some conversations where people try to tell me that i dont need this and i dont need that and it irritates me so i say what i need to and change the subject!! :spinning:

I go to a stylist like once a year- just to touch my hair up. Other than that- I don't let anyone else in my hair. Not even to help me take down my braids or anything.

hmm thats a good point! i have worn my natural hair in mini braids and i always take it down but i was considering having someone else do it but now i know better! :yep:

My trusted stylist touches my hair...thats it. No girlfriends, moms, nobody but me. Too afraid of a bad experience and/ or setback. Especially when heat, chemical, or scissors are involved only my trusty hairdresser can go there. As far as washing, conditioning, & daily styling I handle all that myself.

that's good that you have a stylist that you trust. i had one for some years but then he got too comfortable with me and i went to him to get my hair dyed mahogany (i picked out the swatch and everything) and this fool dyed my hair COPPER and he said HE liked it better!! since then i have not been back:nono:

I let other people do my hair, depending on who.

OP, perhaps it might have came out differently if you did insist on heat protectants?

truthfully i dont thin so because she kept going over the middle of my hair over and over again which is way too much heat and she was not going all the way through to the ends and when she said she wanted to "hold" it on my ends that let me know that she had noooo clue what she was doing so heat protectant or not i think she still would have jacked my hair up:drunk:

Same thing happened to me once. My friend said my hair was turning orance lol. Thank lord she only did one piece of hair.

BTW did you know you can multiquote by pressing the ["+] button for every post you want to quote then the
button for the last person you want to quote.

Same thing happened to me once. My friend said my hair was turning orance lol. Thank lord she only did one piece of hair.

BTW did you know you can multiquote by pressing the ["+] button for every post you want to quote then the
button for the last person you want to quote.

orange wt??? and no i didnt know lol :lachen:so do i add those brackets? or just the + and "?

Back