Sneaking Back In!!

CORBINS

Hello Ladies:

It's me, Corbins; it's been a while since I've posted anything. I have been in the background, lurking like a troll for the past year or so, too busy to take the time and pay my little subscription fee!
Well, I paid and now I'm back to my biggest obsession: LHCF!!!

Here's what's been going on with me:

I'm newly texlaxed. I should be waist length by now, but I'm so hard-headed and I keep letting my guard down in the hopes that my hair will be nice to me and take the abuse. Well, my hair is very sensitive and needs much love, care and attention. In 2007, I sent in for an interview with our local health department and decided to press my hair with an electric pressing comb so I could look "corporate" for my interview. HUGE mistake. I remember being so self-conscience because my hair was so fried and it smelled horrible. Long story short, I burned the mess out of my hair. I will never press my hair like that again. The damage was caused by my putting oil in my hair. Since then, I've been battling with damage demons and trying to get my hair back to health.
I was able, since then, to slowly trim away at the damaged, split ends. My hair still breaks easily at the damaged parts, but other than that, I think I'm doing pretty well considering the abuse I put my hair through.
I was very disappointed with myself because I worked so hard to get my hair healthy and I struggled with staying natural, relaxing and all that jazz. Just for a freakin' interview, I let that superficial bull pressure me into conforming. Well, we're past that now, and I've come to accept my set-backs; they've only made me wiser.

For the past 7 months I've been on a crazy braid-out frenzy. I think I am now the master of braid outs. I was able to retain a good deal of length by doing them, even though my hair is extremely fragile.

I'm now back in braids. Trying, once again to see if I can tough it out at least until summer is over. I would really like to keep them in until July 2010. My hair responds well to braids and I gain/retain the most length this way. I feel if I keep my hair braided, the sick little bad child within me won't be tempted to desolate my delicate, fragile strands.

I would also like to add that I've been a member of this forum for a long time, and I can honestly say that I would never have been able to recover from the damage that I've caused over and over again without the help of this forum. I love LHCF and I will always come to this site for guidance.

I really, really need to update my fotki, I have a few pictures but I haven't added them to it yet, but I will.

I guess that's all for now!! Namaste

Hello Ladies:

It's me, Corbins; it's been a while since I've posted anything. I have been in the background, lurking like a troll for the past year or so, too busy to take the time and pay my little subscription fee!
Well, I paid and now I'm back to my biggest obsession: LHCF!!!

Here's what's been going on with me:

I'm newly texlaxed. I should be waist length by now, but I'm so hard-headed and I keep letting my guard down in the hopes that my hair will be nice to me and take the abuse. Well, my hair is very sensitive and needs much love, care and attention. In 2007, I sent in for an interview with our local health department and decided to press my hair with an electric pressing comb so I could look "corporate" for my interview. HUGE mistake. I remember being so self-conscience because my hair was so fried and it smelled horrible. Long story short, I burned the mess out of my hair. I will never press my hair like that again. The damage was caused by my putting oil in my hair. Since then, I've been battling with damage demons and trying to get my hair back to health.
I was able, since then, to slowly trim away at the damaged, split ends. My hair still breaks easily at the damaged parts, but other than that, I think I'm doing pretty well considering the abuse I put my hair through.
I was very disappointed with myself because I worked so hard to get my hair healthy and I struggled with staying natural, relaxing and all that jazz. Just for a freakin' interview, I let that superficial bull pressure me into conforming. Well, we're past that now, and I've come to accept my set-backs; they've only made me wiser.

For the past 7 months I've been on a crazy braid-out frenzy. I think I am now the master of braid outs. I was able to retain a good deal of length by doing them, even though my hair is extremely fragile.

I'm now back in braids. Trying, once again to see if I can tough it out at least until summer is over. I would really like to keep them in until July 2010. My hair responds well to braids and I gain/retain the most length this way. I feel if I keep my hair braided, the sick little bad child within me won't be tempted to desolate my delicate, fragile strands.

I would also like to add that I've been a member of this forum for a long time, and I can honestly say that I would never have been able to recover from the damage that I've caused over and over again without the help of this forum. I love LHCF and I will always come to this site for guidance.

I really, really need to update my fotki, I have a few pictures but I haven't added them to it yet, but I will.

I guess that's all for now!! Namaste
Welcome back again!!!!

Back