Snap on Magnetic rollers?

RosesBlack

In my attempts to rollerset I just cannot get the hang of using the clips. How much damage do the snap on rollers cause with regular use?

I'm looking at buying some of these.

I'm a little afraid I'll break off my hair though. Does anyone use these? If so do you have any photos/tutorials/words of wisdom?

TIA ladies.

I use the exact same ones. They do not break the hair. The only thing is that it will leave a little dent on your hair. I use these until I get the hang of the clips then I wont use the covers anymore.

i use the large purple magnetic rollers with the covers, and they don't leave dents in my hair.

I use the exact same ones. They do not break the hair. The only thing is that it will leave a little dent on your hair. I use these until I get the hang of the clips then I wont use the covers anymore.

I agree! The caps leave dents. If you really stretch the hair while rolling, the denting should be minimal.:yep:

I use these when I roller set myself. I can't be bothered with the clips. ~StillALady~ is right. They do leave a dent, but other than that they work just fine! :grin:

I use the orange ones and they are very gentle on the hair and they don't leave dents on my hair. I would think that these fasten the rollers more securely than the clips?

Ooh thank you ladies.

I can seriously deal with dents. But trying to use the clips has been known to leave me in tears with a half done jacked up rollerset.

Do you think somewhere sells just the snap on cover part? I have plenty of magnetic rollers but i just wanna purchase the covers only.

Please tell me how not to get the dents. If I can manage that then bump the clips! LOL!

i guess the trick is to roll as much hair onto the roller as you possibly can... get it real close to your scalp. i use clips in conjunction with the covered rollers (see my siggy), and that helps to keep the roller upright, so the hair isn't bent. bent hair = dents, basically.

i hope that made sense :grin:

i guess the trick is to roll as much hair onto the roller as you possibly can... get it real close to your scalp. i use clips in conjunction with the covered rollers (see my siggy), and that helps to keep the roller upright, so the hair isn't bent. bent hair = dents, basically.

i hope that made sense :grin:
So you mean to keep the hair as taut as possible so the cover wont dent right?

In my attempts to rollerset I just cannot get the hang of using the clips. How much damage do the snap on rollers cause with regular use?

I'm looking at buying some of these.

I'm a little afraid I'll break off my hair though. Does anyone use these? If so do you have any photos/tutorials/words of wisdom?

TIA ladies.

Roses:

I sleep in those every night without a problem. No breakage!:look::grin::yawn:

I'm thinking about trying these too.....I'm finally getting the hang of the metal clips but they just take too long and the rollers never stay on tight. These might be my answer :grin:

I did a rollerset last night with my rollers and no dents! I guess I needed to stop playing and keep the hair taut like OPs have said. :yep:

my hair never broke using those.. just be careful and not to get a hair strand snapped outside of the rollercap...

I just made sure my parts weren't too big so that my hair could fit comfortably on the roller without any straggling pieces snapped into another roller across another section.

... For those of you who use rollers... do you roller set w/ wet hair and air dry or under a dryer? and how do you roll?? Up, down, sideways? I'm new at all this, but I want healthy hair that I can take care of myself... and what kind of rollers should I get??? I have a bag of sponge rollers (dont ask my grandma gave them to me) but I dont think they would be right for hair...

I will def try this on my next set.

And why is this thread a one star? :nono:

:superbanana:Go for it!

About the one star...I don't care what Nikos says, I still think the forum software generates one star ratings for newly posted threads. If someone does rate it the ratings increase or if more replies are posted the ratings go up as well.

I can't believe someone or some persons are spending there time rating threads that are innocuous. I just can't.

:superbanana:Go for it!

About the one star...I don't care what Nikos says, I still think the forum software generates one star ratings for newly posted threads. If someone does rate it the ratings increase or if more replies are posted the ratings go up as well.

I can't believe someone or some persons are spending there time rating threads that are innocuous. I just can't.
Girl people do it.

Guess you can't just buy the snap on covers then....
I have never seenthem. Maybe someone else will chime in.
... For those of you who use rollers... do you roller set w/ wet hair and air dry or under a dryer? and how do you roll?? Up, down, sideways? I'm new at all this, but I want healthy hair that I can take care of myself... and what kind of rollers should I get??? I have a bag of sponge rollers (dont ask my grandma gave them to me) but I dont think they would be right for hair...
Here is a search that I did that should help you out.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/search.php?searchid=3878713
Good luck!

Thank you ladies. I am going to give these a try. I have such a hard time with the clips.

Maybe 1 star because um, uh. My roller setting skills suck? :grin:

Did anybody ever find the answer to this question?

Unfortunately the snap on rollers are so inexpensive, I have never found a way to purchase just the snap on covers.

If you find clips confusing, try long Japanese style pins that look like thick bobby pins. I purchase a pack of those at Sally's near the rollers.

Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to try a dollar store, buy the regular snap on rollers and use the snap-on parts with my magnetic rollers. I've been so frustrated with learning to rollerset that now I feel like I've got to get it right or forget it. I've tried clips, pins and the big bobby pins. sigh!

Back