Smooth air dried hair?

GettingKinky

Ok I'm super lazy. I wear braid outs from 2 braids almost every day, but I like them better on smooth hair. I'm way too lazy to rollerset every week so here is what I typically do: after I wash I add oil and DB transitioning creme and then bun, but still my length is not smooth enough and my braidout is frizzy. If I add tons of product every night before I braid, by about day 4 I have braid outs that look decent.

I'm on a quest to get my hair smooth on day 1 without heat.

Today I'm trying air drying in 2 braids with aloe vera gel.

Any suggestions?

You could wash less frequently, use something more gentle to cleanse, try a new product layering combo, twist on damp hair with a holding cream...those are just my suggestions.

Ceramides. :yep: There was an article going around, I'm sure there was a thread about it, something about smoothing the cuticle.

Ceramides. :yep: There was an article going around, I'm sure there was a thread about it, something about smoothing the cuticle.

Hmm, I wonder if this is why my hair is so smooth today. I washed and deep conditioned with joico moisture recovery products, and used redken anti snap leave in, and airdried. My hair is smooth, shiny, and bouncy like I flatironed it.

Applying a smoothing conditioner before my last rinse helps me a lot. I also agree with using a ceramide oil to seal!

The only time I've ever able to get smooth air dried hair is if my hair is freshly washed and conditioned, put in a slick low bun (or two), and tied down tightly with a scarf. The only downside is I can't remove the scarf until it is completely dry and it takes a long time to dry using this method because my hair has to be very wet before I tie it up in order to get it to very smooth. I've done this method for years with various profited and I think it's more about technique than a smoothing product.

When I was relaxed, I got smooth hair air drying. The key for me was when washing. I made sure to use products that detangle well for me (keracare hydrating poo, silicon mix condish). When rinsing, I smoothed my hair back under the water into a low ponytail. I also made sure a little bit of condish was felt on my hair so I didn't rinse it out all the way. I immediately tied it down with a scarf when I got out of the shower. After it was about 50% dry, I added leavein, then elastaqp mango butter to seal - making sure to simply smooth both on my hair to keep the strands straight. Tied hair again with scarf to dry completely.

I would smooth twist outs when I used a ceramide leave-in and then sealed with and oil. It could have been ceramide based or silicone, didn't matter, the leave-in moisturizer was the trick. When I used a ceramide oil and a regular moisturizer, it was ok, but the leave-in worked better.

When I was relaxed, Argan Oil gave me the smoothest twistouts/braidout ever. A little goes a long way. Unfortunately, I didn't get the same results as a natural.

The only time I've ever able to get smooth air dried hair is if my hair is freshly washed and conditioned, put in a slick low bun (or two), and tied down tightly with a scarf. The only downside is I can't remove the scarf until it is completely dry and it takes a long time to dry using this method because my hair has to be very wet before I tie it up in order to get it to very smooth. I've done this method for years with various profited and I think it's more about technique than a smoothing product.

I used a similar method with good results. I would wash, condition, apply my leave in and oils then put my hair back in a sleek low ponytail ( 2 if I had a lot of new growth ), tie it down with a scarf and let it air dry overnight. This always gave me smooth, soft hair

I get a smooth air dry by layering my leave-ins (It's a 10 Keratin/Avocado Oil/Giovanni Direct) and letting them sit on my hair for 1 hour with my turbie twist on my hair. After the one hour is up I apply my moisturizer and let it sit for 30 mins. with hair hanging down. Next I detangle and moisturize again. My hair is usually about 80% dry and then I bun. At this point it is smooth.

I get a smooth air dry by layering my leave-ins (It's a 10 Keratin/Avocado Oil/Giovanni Direct) and letting them sit on my hair for 1 hour with my turbie twist on my hair. After the one hour is up I apply my moisturizer and let it sit for 30 mins. with hair hanging down. Next I detangle and moisturize again. My hair is usually about 80% dry and then I bun. At this point it is smooth.

Your bun in your picture looks bodacious, delicious if you will :lick:

I use Shea Moisture leave-ins--Curl & Style Milk and Curl Enhancing Smoothie from the Coconut and Hibiscus line--with EcoStyler and do twist-outs on 60-70 per cent dry hair. Four to eight twists depending on my energy level because I wash my hair at night. I just use water and/or more gel in the morning to tame frizzies or refresh curls.

Airdying in four ponytails gave me straight hair. I spray in my Design Essentials HCO leave-in, use KeraCare foaming wrap lotion and apply Silk Elements Smoothing serum. With your ends, I recommend two rollers or just turn the ponytails into little buns. I HATE roller setting, I HATE sitting under the dryer and my hair can't handle the stress of blow drying.

Back