SMELLY HAIR FROM MIZANI RELAXER

yoli184

After my touch up last week friday, I came home and shampooed my hair again with neutralizing shampoo, dc, and airdried.
I'm one week post now and been cowashing my hair daily. I also shampooed it with a neutralizing poo again this past friday. And my hair still smells like "fresh relaxer" hair :help2:

i had this happen with Silk Elements last summer.
But when I touched up recently it did not happen. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you didn't rinse it well before you neutralized? I think that may have been my issue last summer...
Try shampooing with a regular heavily scented shampoo ...

After my touch up last week friday, I came home and shampooed my hair again with neutralizing shampoo, dc, and airdried.
I'm one week post now and been cowashing my hair daily. I also shampooed it with a neutralizing poo again this past friday. And my hair still smells like "fresh relaxer" hair :help2:

When this happened to me in the past I clarified with a clarifying shampoo, and doing that finally got rid of the smell.

my butter blends regular smelled like that. you should clarify or chelate. what neutralizer do you have? i have Mizani.

i had this happen with Silk Elements last summer.
But when I touched up recently it did not happen. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you didn't rinse it well before you neutralized? I think that may have been my issue last summer...
Try shampooing with a regular heavily scented shampoo ...

Well...the hairdresser rinsed out the relaxer with water first, then poured some type of vinegar concoction over my head, then rinsed out with neutralizing shampoo 4 times. I also neutralized twice last week myself. Its a bit better now... but I can still lightly smell it.

my butter blends regular smelled like that. you should clarify or chelate. what neutralizer do you have? i have Mizani.

You might be right.:yep:
I dont even know if the hairdresser uses butterblends or not. She only used the mizani relaxer (no honeyshield or any other mizani products)
Don't remember the neutralizing shampoo. I remember she poured some vinegar concoction on my head before she neutralized.

I will try to chelate and see what happens.

Butter Blends does that for me. I usually follow up with the Mizani Moisturfuse conditioner; it really smells nice and gets rid of the scent.

Ok. I got the mizani phormula 7 neutralizing and chelating shampoo and it worked like a charm! Finally got rid of the smell. Plus I think I had a lot of buildup on my hair from all the cowashing because after I used that shampoo and airdried, my hair was so much fuller and it had a lot of bounce and movement. I think I need to use a chelator once a month. Clarifying is not sufficient.

Ok. I got the mizani phormula 7 neutralizing and chelating shampoo and it worked like a charm! Finally got rid of the smell. Plus I think I had a lot of buildup on my hair from all the cowashing because after I used that shampoo and airdried, my hair was so much fuller and it had a lot of bounce and movement. I think I need to use a chelator once a month. Clarifying is not sufficient.

This is what I was going to say. The OP would also have to stabilize the pH.

Back