Small Update!

Sunshine_One

Hello Ladies!!!

I just added a few new pics to my Fotki. I had about 3-4 inches on my hair cut this week. Why? It was combo of dry color treated ends and a desire for a change. My hair feels SO MUCH better now that most of the commercial (Aveda) color is gone. I did not have have any major damage to my hair....accept the increased dryness. IMO that comes along with color treated hair relaxed or natural.

I also wanted to post this thread to share with the newbies. Many times we tend to think our hair is not growing or growing fast enough for our liking.

My last color retouch was done in July 2008. In a year and a half I have grown a new head of hair. So it will happen....in time. I'm still leaning to be patient with my hair.....it's a process. :) My longest layer is APL now so I'm looking forward to making it to BLS or MBL by the end of the year. I know lofty goals...lol

I hope my hair journey provides encouragement for someone.

http://public.fotki.com/SunshineOne/march-2010-update/

Happy Hair Growing!!!!

ETA: I have no idea what I'm gonna do about these gray hairs....:nono::perplexed

Last edited:
You go girl.

I love your update pics.

How are you liking the layers? You know I've been blunt cut forever.

You go girl.

I love your update pics.

How are you liking the layers? You know I've been blunt cut forever.

Thanks a lot Allandra! I thought this lil thread had died...lol

I like the layers. I do miss the length in the back, but I have fine strands so the layers give me lot's of volume....like I have thick hair naturally and I love that.

Have you used any of your new hair toys yet?

Not yet, I just washed the roller set out today after a week. I did a wash n go puff and my hair is so baby soft. I didn't realize how much the color had dried my hair until I got those ends cut.

very pretty. u don't go to judy anymore?

Hey Sylver, thanks for the compliment. You know I have not been back to Judy's since the day I ran into you there. I never forgot how she cut you hair uneven....:look: in your update pics last year. LOL But seriously I'm sure I'll go back at some point....one of my friends got her hair trimmed at Lisa's so I decidced to try a new place. I'm not that loyal to stylist's any more since I've become DIY. I basically need them to do certain things like trim or cut my hair and the occassional roller set...when I want a break.

By the way I still have your pics in my phone...I will send them to you. :)

Back