Small (natural) album update-tiny twists

Gosh, your hair is so full and long. How do you care for your twists at night? I just tie my hair up and it still gets smashed. What products do you use on your twists? Have long have you been natural?

Last edited:
Country gal said:
Gosh, your hair is so full and long. How do you care for your twists at night? I just tie my hair up and it still gets smashed. What products do you use on your twists? Have long have you been natural?
Thanks CG! I wear a stocking cap at night and fluff it a bit in the morning. Sometimes I band my hair to stretch it out as well. I recently used a combo of coconut oil, suave humectant and honey as a leave-in. Works great and makes my hair super soft. I quit the chemicals in August 2002 so going on 3.5 years.

Looking good, looking good! I love you and you're hair, it's such an inspiration! I really like the tiny twists that you did. Did that take a long time? Does it stay twisted or do the twists unravel? I tried this and it doesn't work...but who knows...it could be because I'm still relaxed with a bunch of new growth. Keep up the beautiful work!

But ummm, why were you sleeping on a desk?!?!:lol: I hope you were late night studying in the library! lol

My twists stay in because I am natural. No amount of pulling has unravel them. I have a friend that loves pulling on my twists. :ohwell: Since you are still transitioning the twists probably need more help with staying together.

Country gal said:
My twists stay in because I am natural. No amount of pulling has unravel them. I have a friend that loves pulling on my twists. :ohwell: Since you are still transitioning the twists probably need more help with staying together.

Oh ok, thanks. I thought that was the reason.

Love the pics, especially the first one of your loose washed hair. Cool!!

Btw, I agree, clarifying shampoo does lead to even tighter shrinkage. \

p1

I love your natural hair, length, tiny twists, twistouts and banding - what an inspiration you are! :yep:

I looooove your hair! & I understand about the whole different textures thing, but it still looks great.

The small twists are bangin but that seems like it takes so much patience...something I lack:grin:

keep up the good work!

Thanks for the compliments ladies!
I don't remember how long it took because I did the twists in sections but my guess is about 7 hours total. I plan on keeping them until Feb 22nd. Hopefully I'll get a dominican blowout before the meeting.
Actually the front pieces that are straight do unravel a bit- I usually just gel them up so that they curl up blend in.
Oh as far as the desk sleeping- too much proscrastination caught up with me on monday.

My tiny twists take forever. I did them over two days. The result came out really nice.

Kristina- do you find that your hair length is shown better with the tiny twists versus the bigger ones? I also notice my hair feels lighter and swings more with the tiny twists.

Yeah CG, they do swing more than regular twists and I think they are more stylish and neat, kinda like twists with extensions. Plus they can be manipulated by braiding, banding, bantu knotting, rolling, etc. to create different looks similar to straighened hair. And updos and buns are smoother than with big twists and effortlessly cute.
But they take forever to do- next time I'll multi task by listening to my language tapes.

Back