sls shampoos

Caramela

Any one who washes frequently (2 or more times per wk) still using SLS shampoos?
I am. I don't notice any negative effects either. From what I've read it's the only way to use mineral oil based products which I'm using too with no ill effects.

Caramela said:
Any one who washes frequently (2 or more times per wk) still using SLS shampoos?
I am. I don't notice any negative effects either. From what I've read it's the only way to use mineral oil based products which I'm using too with no ill effects.
I can agree with your statement. During the summer, when I was keeping it simple cw'ing and using light oils on my length, my hair didnt like sls in reg. poos and felt stripped and it was just too harsh for me. So then i switched to aussie moist 2 in 1 shampoo and my hair felt fine afterward and I used it most of the summer. But now I'm using grease, cremes, leave-ins, and occasionally act. gel again (not on scalp) and I use a clarifyer once a week and my hair doesn't feel stripped. I wet the section with water then I lather once.

I squirt a small amount of the poo directly onto the scalp using an applicator bottle with the long skinny nozzle. I work that lather with the pads of my fingers and move the suds down the length almost like a scalp only wash (I learned from another board). *And I clip my hair into 4 sometimes 6 sections (I learned from this board) before i cw/poo.

Last edited:
Back