Slower hair growth after a certain length??

topsyturvy86

I've noticed that since I made it to APL my hair doesn't seem to be growing as fast as it used it. It's been about 4 weeks post relaxer now and my NG is like 2 weeks/ 2 and a half at most :sad:. Maybe it's because I cut out co-washing?? dunno ...

Does this happen to you?

I've read somewhere that it seems that it grows slower, but it's just that it's longer now? *shrugs*
Also, from what I understand, hair grows slower in some seasons in others- but I think it also depends on the person. In winter I can go twelve weeks without a relaxer but in summer I can barely make it six weeks! lol
HTH and happy hair growing!

I just think it's harder to notice growth the longer it gets. I know when my hair was at its shortest, it seemed to grow real fast.

I just think it's harder to notice growth the longer it gets. I know when my hair was at its shortest, it seemed to grow real fast.

Perhaps so. But i'm a relaxed head and my natural texture is a 4a so I always know when i'm growing. Maybe it's the weather as someone said. (sigh) we'll see.

No, my hair "grows" faster nowadays when I'm able to keep my ends intact.
Hair growth is mostly the same at all times, it's just the ends that break off more easily the older they are and depending on how you treat them.
That's just IMO... :)

Back