Slideshow of my One Year Progress! (spinoff)

Congrats...great progress. What's your regimen?

Thanks! Here is what I wrote in a thread yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith
Oh Wow! Beautiful. Did you share your regimen yet?:grin:

In the beginning, I experimented with my regimen until I found that a simpler one works better (for me) than a complicated one.

Here are some growth aides that I've experimented with: MTG and BT (keeping these in case of any major setbacks), Henna (way too drying), Surge (still use occasionally), MSM (made my ng grow in softer/looser), Biotin (gave me hella bad acne the size of cysts!). As you can see, I became a PJ early in the game!

What I've learned about my excessive shedding: my hair rejects EVOO...made me shed like a dog! Threw that crap straight in the trash. Now, plain ole' olive oil, I can do. Also, just recently switched from no-lye to a lye relaxer. No-lye was just too dry.

Here is what I do (if you want to call this a regimen): wash and DC weekly, moisturize regularly (I don't do this daily...don't want overkill), use hooded dryer or air dry (sometimes both, half and half), flat iron on wash day only, sleep in satin doo-rag & bonnet, and I self relax.

The one thing that I truly believe is working best for me is STRETCHING my relaxers. I stretch up to 12 wks. at a time (wish I could go longer, but hasn't happened yet).

Occasionally, I experiment with different shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers and protein treatments.

If I can think of anything else, I'll add...but I think that's it. HTH

Your progress is beautiful. I noticed you said what your regimen was already but I was wondering, what is the name of the products are you using?

Your hair is very beautiful! Such an inspiration to me. Thanks so much for sharing the slide show and your regimen. It's seeing progress like this that gives others just the hope they need to achieve their goals. I hope you don't mind me asking what caused your setback? Your hair still looked great in the picture of your set back. When you dry your hair under the hooded dryer does it dry smoother then airdrying? I always air dry and never use heat or flat iron, but I have considered using the hooded dryer to dry my hair sometimes and just bunning or pinning up and tying down with a silk scarf to flatten.

Last edited:
dang girl... one year??? that's some awesome progress! not just length, but thickness and healthy ends... LOVIN IT!!! :grin:

Your progress is beautiful. I noticed you said what your regimen was already but I was wondering, what is the name of the products are you using?

Currently, I'm using the Silk Elements line. Shhhhh...husband don't know that I bought $52 worth of products just recently! :grin: However, along the way, I tried some of everything that the forum suggested. I truly believe that my hair took off after I was introduced to stretching. As far as products I used regularly, (Nexxus) Humectress and Emergencee, CON shampoos and creme moisturizer, Pantene, Surge, and Vatika oil. That's pretty much it. I think whatever makes your hair look and feel good, use it! Oh, for all you PJs, it's ok to "try" different products...just don't go broke in the process!:nono:

Your hair is very beautiful! Such an inspiration to me. Thanks so much for sharing the slide show and your regimen. It's seeing progress like this that gives others just the hope they need to achieve their goals. I hope you don't mind me asking what caused your setback? Your hair still looked great in the picture of your set back. When you dry your hair under the hooded dryer does it dry smoother then airdrying? I always air dry and never use heat or flat iron, but I have considered using the hooded dryer to dry my hair sometimes and just bunning or pinning up and tying down with a silk scarf to flatten.

Regarding setbacks: In the beginning of my hair care journey, I was using the UBH products. Initially I liked them (probably because they were different than anything I had ever used), but after continued use I realized that the deep conditioner was waaaaay too drying for my hair and the Dew was nothing more than an expensive bottle of water! Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until after my hair had suffered. The other setback was when I didn't realize what was causing my hair to shed until my friend mentioned that EVOO makes her hair shed really bad...then the light came on (in my head)! I was using the same crap! :blush: I threw it straight in the trash. I'm not sure what the difference is in regular olive oil and EVOO, but that EVOO is hell on MY hair.:nono:

On drying: I don't really see a difference in smoothness because my dryer is ALWAYS on low, so it's not that much heat. For smoothness, I always flat-iron afterwards. Then I tie it down with satin doo-rag and cover with satin bonnet nightly. Oh, I'm considering cutting out the airdrying part because I think this is causing those tiny knots at the ends of my hair.:sad:

Back