Sleeping in rollers?

shellzfoshizzle

Does anyone sleep in rollers? I have slept in them all my life every night because wrapping my hair doesn't hold my style. One lady told me that I have to "train" my hair to be wrapped and hold the style. :confused:

My hair is relaxed and I get relaxers and trims on time and it is well moisturized and I seal my ends with a serum...still no growth in certain areas...do you think that sleeping in the rollers is stopping my hair from growing?

What time of rollers do you use? What size? Do you roll them tight? Do you cover them with a satin/silk scarf?

I haven't slept in rollers in a while. Last time I did I slept in Wrap Snap & Go rollers. Your rollers could be damaging your hair if they're pulling on your roots while you're sleeping.

I admire you because I am simply unable to sleep in rollers. I tried it once, but did not had any sleep during the night.
I know this was quite usual during the 70s for college girls, but I always wondered how they were doing, considering their love for big rollers.

There is an additional reason I would not consider it .... my husband would probably not like it so much. He loves my hair and even likes to see me in rollers from time to time, but certainly not every single night !

I use the regular plastic/magnetic rollers...i dont know what size they are, they are black and maybe an inch in circumference. And yes, I do cover them with a satin cap.

I thought by sleeping in rollers (to keep my curls) would actually protect my hair and ends, but I'm starting to wonder if it's like putting pressure on my scalp and preventing my hair from growing....i dont know...

albane said:
There is an additional reason I would not consider it .... my husband would probably not like it so much. He loves my hair and even likes to see me in rollers from time to time, but certainly not every single night !

:lol: :lol:

I sleep in rollers or flexirods sometimes but as I'm going the baggie & using MTG I sleep in a loose bun. I used to sleep in rollers everynight but it caused breakage at the back because I was not wearing enough of them so therfore I was putting too much hair on one roller & butting a strain on my hair. I also tried wrapping but that also caused breakage for me because I was wrapping too tightly in the same direction everynight. For me it is better to wear rollers than to wrap but make sure you put enough in.

HTH

I use to sleep with this one big gray roller in my hair and wrapped my hair around it in for my doobies in college. I always wrapped and have had very little problems doing so.

My mom has a hard time wrapping, so sometimes (now don't laugh), she takes the paper bags (not plastic) from the grocery store, tear them off in pieces, and wrap her hair around it like a roller and tie to secure. She then puts a satin scarf over the hair and occasionally a satin cap. I think they sell them like this nowadays, but my mom still old school.

That's a good question. Your hair is growing anyway, rollers won't stop it from growing. It's keeping it from breaking off that sounds like your concern.

I've never slept in rollers every night but I have done so twice per week, after washing and rollersetting, to air dry my hair overnight. For me, this has been pretty safe and my head is somehow trained not to move during the night while having these rollers in my head. :look:

Sleeping every night with rollers on dry hair might be a different story. You should be able to tell where your hair growth progress seems to have stagnated and where/how the rollers are positioned to see if rollers are the problem or not.

Since you have been doing this all of your life and you're not satisfied, it may be a good time to try a different technique. Some of the ladies here have been happy sleeping with pincurls, for example.

I sleep in rollers all the time. They've never stunted growth, and I've never had a problem with breakage.

Back