Slave to the Phony Pony

InNeedofHairapy

Last night I tried my roller set AGAIN, using my newly purchased silicon mix and lacio lacio. I went through all the roller setting, root blowing, saran wrapping and everything only to wake up this morning, comb my wrap out....and look longingly at my phony pony :ohwell:

It's not that my roller-set looked bad. It actually looked pretty damn good, considering the 8 months of new growth, recent mini chop, and the few scraggly ends that need to be chopped...It was straight and wavy, and cute....but that phony pony was calling me..taunting me "That pretty hair is going to go 'POOF!' in this heat, and you'll be at work without me to save you!" I even thought I heard a "Bwahahahaha!" as I left the apartment.

So far so good though. NO poof. Several compliments this morning as well..but I'm still thinking about that d'ern pony

:lachen:I'm loving my phony ponies as well! But I need them because I have a BC in the back and still have relaxed hair up front, and without my PP, I am lost:nono:

But if your hair is looking good, work it! You hair might need a rest from the PP for a while. I bet it looked great!:yep:

Make sure to give your hair a rest from the PP, change the position of your ponytail, and don't make it too tight. Last time I relaxed, I saw where some of my hair had broken off in the spot I wear my PP.

Luckily I haven't noticed any breakage that I can tell. And after my 5th damage control check of the morning to make sure I wasn't frizzing or poofing, I think I'm going to rollerset for awhile until I start the crown n glory challenge just to give my hair a break from snatch backs and pony combs...which means I'm not on the HYH till christmas challenge right now:blush: but I'll start around August or September

I wear mine at least 2X/week; not because I'm afraid my hair will revert or even because I'm trying to protect my ends. I just love the look of big ol' buns (no pun intended) :wink2: and my hair won't make a big as your head bun yet.

Back