SL, BSL & Longer Naturals, GET IN HERE!!!

NitaChantell

Hello ladies!! Do any of you remember your regimen when you were in the TWA stage? If so, could you tell me pleaseeeee?? Along with products! TIA:yep:

I'm not natural yet. But I'm just curious to why you still have a TWA. Your siggie says you've been natural since September 2008.

I'm already going back and forth about the decision to go natural. I really want to, but I don't want to have short hair for years. My hair grows 1/2" per month as most folks hair does. But I see naturals with short hair for years!!

I'm not natural yet. But I'm just curious to why you still have a TWA. Your siggie says you've been natural since September 2008.

I'm already going back and forth about the decision to go natural. I really want to, but I don't want to have short hair for years. My hair grows 1/2" per month as most folks hair does. But I see naturals with short hair for years!!

Some people do choose to keep their hair short with regular cuts/trims. Some people choose short for convenience or they like they way the look w/short hair.

Last edited:
Thanks Nixx. I'm just a scaredy-cat. I've always had long hair, and starting over with short hair is scary. I have no idea how to work with short hair.

Cowashed & put on a scarf.
I used a lot of products but tresseme and aussie 3 minute miracle did me RIGHT!

I damaged my hair A LOT when I first went natural. I didn't know how to take care of my hair, so I followed the advice of others, which was "your hair will grow if you comb it everyday".Lies:wallbash:!!! I also dyed my hair about 6 times, half of those times it was with bleach, and I ALWAYS overlapped, because I had no clue what I was doing! So I decided to do another BC in April of this year! My hair has grown A LOT. Unfortunately I still have an obsession with blonde hair, so I did bleach it again, but it's still healthy and growing.

Some people do choose to keep their hair short with regular cuts/trims. Some people choose short for convenience or they like they way the look w/short hair.

I did. I grew to shoulder length before my 1 year anniversary and bc'd again the week before the date. I promise I'm going to stop cutting it. :perplexed... maybe. :look:

never had a twa but as long as you moisturise and practice good techniques your hair will retain hair and grow. before you know it you will be SL

Unfortunately I still have an obsession with blonde hair, so I did bleach it again, but it's still healthy and growing.

Keep it Deep Conditioned to the Maxx.:grin:

And when You think you've Deep conditioned Enough, Deep Condition some more.:yep:

And Keep Your Moisture/Protein Balance in Check.

Crown and glory method was the BEST thing for my TWA hair. 2 month in braids, 1 lonth rest
Co wash 2x/week when in braids
DC 1x/per week when not in braids, MTG daily (I guess Bee Mine or Boundless Tresses now), MT every other morning
tons of vits: Andrew Lessman hair vit, flax seed oil, silica,

once I got to about SL I changed up my reggie (no more braids)

Hope that helps!!

I BC'd 6 months after my last relaxer. I CW every other day, lightly oiled the ends with shea butter. I shampooed and deep conditioned every other week.

Shampoo:
CON ( I don't remember which one)

Deep conditioner:
ORS replenishing pak
Kérastase ciment réparateur
Motions Silk conditioner

Oils:
Shea butter

I don't remember the brand of the conditioner I used for CWs.

I cowashed with Giovanni 50/50 and moisturized with VO5 Moisture Milks and Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion.. That was pretty much it.. I wore a headband everyday

i never knew was twa was lol. never tried to fined out. but my reg has been the same from shoulder length to mbl. i just moisturied with care free curl lol, and did aphogee (hard stuff) every three-four weeks. and protective styles. buns, twistouts, braids. washed hair every week. or twice a week. somtimes i washed with only conditioner.

I was all over the place my last big chop...but settled down on Giovanni 50/50, Smooth as Silk, and Tea Tree. All used for co-washing and detangling. I used Aphogee 2 min. every 3 weeks and Henna 1x a month. The henna helped with shrinkage. I played around with coconut cream & milk (open the can of organic coconut milk - the top layer is all cream) either mixed in a deep conditioner like Silicone Mix or alone with other oils.

I didn't have a twa. It was more of a medium sized Afro that wasn't big long enough for a ponytail. I deep conditioned every week, used to alternate between a straight style (rollerset) and wash n go. When it was longer I'd ponytail'd for months. I also did an Aphogee treatment once a month and didn't dye my hair.

Are you protecting your hair at night?

I didn't have a twa. It was more of a medium sized Afro that wasn't big long enough for a ponytail. I deep conditioned every week, used to alternate between a straight style (rollerset) and wash n go. When it was longer I'd ponytail'd for months. I also did an Aphogee treatment once a month and didn't dye my hair.

Are you protecting your hair at night?

Me? Yes, every night!

I cowashed with Giovanni 50/50 and moisturized with VO5 Moisture Milks and Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion.. That was pretty much it.. I wore a headband everyday
Omg I also used that:grin: It worked extremely well when my hair was an inch long but didnt work too well after my hair started taking off.

I'm only NL, but is it possible that the blonde dye is not working for you?

The dye was definately the culprit! I fight with myself everyday about touching up my roots and refreshing my ends! I honestly do believe you can have healthy color treated hair, just in moderation.

Well, in 05 when I went natural the first time, I would wash condition and then moisturize with mizani and use a curl activator (i forget the brand, it was white with hot pink cap and pink writing on the bottle) and just wash erry few days and do a wash n go

Im grazing BSL natural, I never had a twa tho. I started out with jus below sl relaxed hair and mini choped my way for 2 years to natural. I grew my hair out by co wash daily and bunning daily, no heat cept for special occasions.

I have only been natural since March 09 but I have made SL. I am also a dye attic but I will be holding off on that in '10 to get maximum growth.

I transitioned for 3 months and fought dryness for a while but what helped what daily CWs. Lustrasilk as a leave in sealed with Crisco. I also added DCing more 1-2x a week.

Back