Skin irritations from hair

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I just want to find if any of you had any such issues.

I've been wearing a wig for 2 or 3 weeks now (similar style to the my avatar pic) Latlely I've been breaking out on my hairline (where tha bangs are) and on the side of my face (by my ears and along my jaw line) where the hair touches.

I'm not sure if it's really the hair but I only started breaking out since I've been wearing it. It's synthetic hair. My b/f told me it may be the hair but I didn't bother with him. But today my coworker told me that the same thing happened to her when she had a wig not too long ago and the dermatologist told her it was the hair.

Last edited:
When I used to use synthetic hair to braid my hair, it'd make me itch. My neck and any part of my face it'd touch, as well as my scalp. I think it was the sharp ends, or could be chemicals on it? I didn't know then that you had to rinse/soak the hair before using it, so maybe that was part of my problem? I don't have that problem with human hair extensions though. I don't remember breaking out though. Just the unending itches that just about drove me nuts!

I have sensitive skin and i wear a wig so im always washing my face (especially where the wig touches on my cheeks and sides plus forehead) with a cleanser or plain warm water to combat it. I must be doing a good job too because my SO looked at my face about two weeks ago when I was complaining about my break-outs and said he hasn't ever really seen me break out. I told him that I do break out and I do get small bumps, he said he couldn't see any. :rolleyes:

Have you washed your wig yet? When I was wearing wigs I had that up until I washed my wigs. I think it might be something on the hair that does it.

I bought a cute, two-toned flip wig (synthetic) about a year and a half ago. After wearing it for a few days, I started to break out and I looked like I had the measles:sad:. I'm not sure if it was the synthetic fiber or the chemicals used to color it.:spinning:

I just want to find if any of you had any such issues.

I've been wearing a wig for 2 or 3 weeks now (similar style to the my avatar pic) Latlely I've been breaking out on my hairline (where tha bangs are) and on the side of my face (by my ears and along my jaw line) where the hair touches.

I'm not sure if it's really the hair but I only started breaking out since I've been wearing it. It's synthetic hair. My b/f told me it may be the hair but I didn't bother with him. But today my coworker told me that the same thing happened to her when she had a wig not too long ago and the dermatologist told her it was the hair.

Yep! I get white puse-filled bumps. Sometimes they itch. I also sneeze a lot when I wear my hair in my face. I don't know if it's the products I'm using, or if I'm allergic to my hair.

I use to have this problem. It's the chemical and fibers. You really have to wash those wigs frequently. The bacteria and allergens will latch on to the synthetic fibers. If you are wearing it alot, you may want to wash weekly or more.

I bought a cute, two-toned flip wig (synthetic) about a year and a half ago. After wearing it for a few days, I started to break out and I looked like I had the measles:sad:. I'm not sure if it was the synthetic fiber or the chemicals used to color it.:spinning:

Yep! I get white puse-filled bumps. Sometimes they itch. I also sneeze a lot when I wear my hair in my face. I don't know if it's the products I'm using, or if I'm allergic to my hair.
grrrrrrrr

wish I had known that 2/3 weeks ago.....I wonder if a human hair wig will do the same thing :ohwell:

Back