Skala Conditioners

inthepink

I used my Skala conditioner today for the first time and I must say that I am VERY impressed! I used the Aloe Vera formula for Wavy and Curly hair. The conditioner is in between thin and thick. I noticed when I applied it to my hair, it distributed quite nicely and I didn't need to use very much to get coverage. I kept it on maybe 30 minutes total - 20 minutes no heat and then 10 minutes with heat. When I rinsed it out, the tangles just fell and there was a nice slip left. I definitely recommend it! I also have the Milk Bath formula which I will be sure to try soon!

I'm glad you like it HairLove. I use the milk bath and the avocado (both cream conditioners). I love them both, but I love the milk bath more (talk about slip). It's incredible.
smile.gif

*bump*

Just wanted to bump this for any pjs who are looking for a good moisturizing deep conditioner! I still have both of my jars of Skala though I probably only have one more application of the Aloe Vera formula and about 3 more applications of the Milk Bath. If you haven't tried it yet, what are you waiting for?

I've only used the milk bath once. It's very nice. A little goes a long way and yes, I do rinse it out. It detangles very well and my hair feels very conditioned afterwards.

Today, I put in, detangled my hair, put on a plastic cap. Then, I closed the bathroom door and turned the shower to HOT, and washed my body while I "deep conditioned" in the steam.

The Avocado and the Fruit Cocktail (in the jars) are my favorites.
love.gif
I also like the Mix Vegetal and the Shea Butter (in the bottles).

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The Avocado and the Fruit Cocktail (in the jars) are my favorites.
love.gif
I also like the Mix Vegetal and the Shea Butter (in the bottles).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one is the Avocado one? The Vegetal one? I don't see one that specifically says Avocado.. I can be blind sometimes though..
lachen70.gif

I don't see the Avocado cream or the Jaborandi on the site anymore.
confused.gif
I wanted to try the Jaborandi next.
frown.gif
Check eBay--he sells in bulk over there.

ETA: He's selling an "Avocado Hair Package" on eBay right now. The avocado cream is included in the package.

For true hair junkies only: http://layff.com.br/ecompany/SilverStream/Pages/ec_home.html

It's in Portuguese, so good luck.
laugh.gif
I'm moving to Brazil for the hair products.

driver.gif

Has anyone tried the shampoo? hairlove, the skala for curly and wavy hair is in shapoo form only, correct?

-lee

Leejure - I have the Aloe Vera conditioner formula which is for wavy/curly hair so yes, they do have a conditioner in addition to the shampoo. Seems like they add/delete product from their line though b/c I didn't see the Aloe Vera one when I went there yesterday.

This conditioner is very detangling, you guys!!!

Sassygirl - Is the conditioner in the bottles different from the ones in the jars?

The ingredients are similar, but the ones in the jars seem to be more softening and moisturizing. The bottled ones are better detanglers, IMO.

Okay--one more question before I take the Skala plunge: Can someone describe the fragrance of the Milk Bath Conditioner?

I'm going to order the Aloe Vera Conditioning cream next week. I think i held out long enough.
smile.gif
I see it only comes in 8oz though.
frown.gif
I might get two of them. It sounds perfect for transitoners and naturals!

The packaging of this line reminds me very much of the Sedal line.

I'm going to see if I can these products in NYC....

Back