Sites to Buy Weave - Tracker

Honestly, the best hair for you will depend on what type of hair you
are seeking. I have tried just about every type and brand of hair on them market,
and most of them have their pros and cons (some just have cons lol). I posted
some photos of many of them at the end of my hair story video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdoocioU2k
I have done some reviews of a few of the brands mentioned in this thread.
I reviewed both Bliss and Arjuni here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2tJq79vtnY
Also, a good alternative for Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture is Senghori Shells Natural Rhythms. I reviewed the Senghori Shells here As well as a quick comparison to EPRT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHdo8pUj18
I have also heard good things about ONYC kinky curly and their
Mongolian Relaxed. I plan to try their kinky curly in the future (it looks
gorgeous)
I’ve also found that you can get excellent quality hair from
Chinese vendors. I recently purchased some hair from China that is almost an exact
replica of Halley’s Curls Salon Relaxed, but a much higher quality hair
and weft construction. So that is also another option.
And with Arjuni, they have simplified their ordering process greatly.
More information about the new process and other info can be found here
arjuni.com/arjunilounge

And sorry for all the video links, I'm a recovering weave addict, lol

I am watching ur Bliss vid now. Have u ever tried Indique?

Indique is one of the few brands I haven't tried or worked with. With all the mixed reviewd I opted not to purchase (considering their high prices I wasn't willing to chance it). I have heard of others who have had good experiences with them and i hear their closures are really nice.

Indique is one of the few brands I haven't tried or worked with. With all the mixed reviewd I opted not to purchase (considering their high prices I wasn't willing to chance it). I have heard of others who have had good experiences with them and i hear their closures are really nice.

Thanks for your video links!!!! I can fully attest to the beauty and quality of Indique. Several of my real life friends, plus the person who does my installs wear nothing but Indique and we ALL had the same exact experience = Quality hair that does not shed or tangle and lasts through several installs (I'm only on my first though). And I am the only one of the group that sealed my wefts, the others just sew it in and still no shedding no tangling, the curls straighten nicely.

Here is an example of a braidout I was able to do with the Indique VI hair. I'm going to try the relaxed texture next.....I think!

Thanks for your video links!!!! I can fully attest to the beauty and quality of Indique. Several of my real life friends, plus the person who does my installs wear nothing but Indique and we ALL had the same exact experience = Quality hair that does not shed or tangle and lasts through several installs (I'm only on my first though). And I am the only one of the group that sealed my wefts, the others just sew it in and still no shedding no tangling, the curls straighten nicely.

Here is an example of a braidout I was able to do with the Indique VI hair. I'm going to try the relaxed texture next.....I think!

First let me say how beautiful you are!

I watched some of your vids (& subbed :grin: ) and with your reassurance I'm feeling more confident about Indique. I referred my sister to them today to order some Organic Curly. She's looking for a good KC that is not too "afro" kinky, but more of a slightly kinky tight curl. Do you think that texture would work?

Honestly, the best hair for you will depend on what type of hair you
are seeking. I have tried just about every type and brand of hair on them market,
and most of them have their pros and cons (some just have cons lol). I posted
some photos of many of them at the end of my hair story video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdoocioU2k
I have done some reviews of a few of the brands mentioned in this thread.
I reviewed both Bliss and Arjuni here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2tJq79vtnY
Also, a good alternative for Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture is Senghori Shells Natural Rhythms. I reviewed the Senghori Shells here As well as a quick comparison to EPRT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHdo8pUj18
I have also heard good things about ONYC kinky curly and their
Mongolian Relaxed. I plan to try their kinky curly in the future (it looks
gorgeous)
I’ve also found that you can get excellent quality hair from
Chinese vendors. I recently purchased some hair from China that is almost an exact
replica of Halley’s Curls Salon Relaxed, but a much higher quality hair
and weft construction. So that is also another option.
And with Arjuni, they have simplified their ordering process greatly.
More information about the new process and other info can be found here
arjuni.com/arjunilounge

And sorry for all the video links, I'm a recovering weave addict, lol

They have? I think it's ridiculous to pay $150 for a consultation. I don't care what anyone says...I don't need all that just to buy some fake hair. I am not buying a house or a car. THEN you have to wait for a "blend" date? WTH...I went online this morning and they said they don't have any appt until July 2011. Good grief just release the hair! All this for some Low Luster Curly C.
They don't even have a discount for hair stylists. That is crazy..I am so over it.

Senghori Shells (www.senghorishells.com) has great quality Relaxed Textured hair comparable to Halley's curls at a great price. I paid $190 for a 14" and 16" including shipping. I have ordered from them numerous times with no complaints. I have also referred people to order from them and everyone loves the hair and thier service. I have pics of the hair in my fotki. It never tangles, is thick on the weft, soft light and strong.

I highly recommend :yep:

I am looking to buy/install my first weave. I keep seeing comparison on BSS and high end weaves on the web, but no real ranking that ranks the best to the worst hair. I'm also wondering which brands are most expensive vs affordable vs cheap. Anyone have this type of info?
And, everywhere I look EP gets great marks.. but it's so expensive.. 250 for 2oz? Am I reading this correctly? Are there other places to get this same hair for cheaper?
Also, people mention chinese vendors but how does one go about finding these CVs.. are these just random online vendors with random nonbrand hair?

Thanks!

Ive used Indique hair and it was FABULOUS. Lasted through two installs, the hand tied wefts did begin to shed a bit towards the end but I flat Ironed the hair ALMOST every day. It blended beautifully and did not swell or tangle!

Has anybody tried Dena Cali? There is also a retailer in houston off of Westheimer called Mari Ari and then another brand called J'venise. Sorry to spam the post but Im also doing research as Im looking to get an install in the next two weeks

I am looking to buy/install my first weave. I keep seeing comparison on BSS and high end weaves on the web, but no real ranking that ranks the best to the worst hair. I'm also wondering which brands are most expensive vs affordable vs cheap. Anyone have this type of info?
And, everywhere I look EP gets great marks.. but it's so expensive.. 250 for 2oz? Am I reading this correctly? Are there other places to get this same hair for cheaper?
Also, people mention chinese vendors but how does one go about finding these CVs.. are these just random online vendors with random nonbrand hair?

Thanks!

Unless your getting a quick weave don't buy BSS hair. its not worth it. BSS hairs cuticles are not aligned and so the hair tangles.It also sheds. Indian Remi virgin hair is typically the most expensive ranging from $130- $300 for four ounces.But understand that this hair is an investment as you can take it out and reuse it. I tried to go back to BSS hair (indi Remi) and was NOT impressed as the hair eventually shed and thinned out and could not be reused

missdemi, thanks! (and here's a hair hug :) )

I'm really just learning about the wild world of weaves, but I've definitely gotten that sentiment that BSS is not worth it. I was considering Indique but a friend thought their prices were too expensive -- that I could get some good quality hair for cheaper. So I am just trying to find that sweet spot.. quality hair that is more $100-$125 for 4 oz. I am getting a full head install -- it's my first weave so I'm not even sure if I will re-use the hair. I am just trying to find a low/no-manipulation solution for my transitioning hair!

If your getting a FULL head install youll need more than 4oz, about 6oz depending on how big your head is. I'm small about 4"11 so I use six. And Thanks you for the Hair hug!

Hi,
I am also looking for a good weave hair. I have used lugos and Adorable hair (not good). Used Indique Hair. The whefted hair seemed to be better than the fishnets. My fishnets wore out after 6 weeks or so. My last purchase with them was the studio collection fishnet relaxed straight and it looked like a birds nest the first day I wore it. It felt so much like the synthetic hair that is used to the hair and burn the ends. I used Halley’s curls. I liked their hair, but had some shipping issues with them and their customer service sucked, never got the hair, and they said they will refund me when the hair returns. So now I am in desperate need for a good curly hair because I am taking an island trip for vacation next week. Really would not like a store brought hair. Really looking for good quality that will last and that I could have delivered overnight to me. I would like something that I could wear curly and straight. I listed a picture to show what my hair looks like.

Attachments

• 8-17-2011 5-19-48 PM.jpg
    8-17-2011 5-19-48 PM.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 34
Decided to go with jujuhair based on YouTube videos and suggestions in this thread but they are out of he curly hair. Hoping they have more by Friday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

This thread has been informative. Anyone heard of Sassy Mitchell hair? They are based out of Atlanta. Sheneka Adams uses this hair and her hair is ALWAYS on point. :yep: I think I may have to take the plunge and try them.

gabulldawg said:
This thread has been informative. Anyone heard of Sassy Mitchell hair? They are based out of Atlanta. Sheneka Adams uses this hair and her hair is ALWAYS on point. :yep: I think I may have to take the plunge and try them.

gabulldawg did you ever try this hair? I heard about it today. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

gabulldawg did you ever try this hair? I heard about it today. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

No I haven't. I actually let weave go for a while. I can't even remember the last time I wore any. :lol: I would like to have a sew in done soon, though. Trying to scheme on how I'm going to afford it. :lol:

I have tried quite a few brands.

Wagmans- Tried many of their textures, good company.

EP- Tried two of their textures <---- My FAVE so far!!

Laniks- Meh. Haven't purchased again.

Allaboutmyhair.com - The Kinky Curly blended so well with my hair. But shed very badly. They may have better quality wefts by now though. Oh, the customer service slightly sucks though.

Halleys Curls- Had their Salon Relaxed Hybrid. Not impressed. Comparable to BSS hair.

Curlzgonewild.com had a closure from this company, not impressed , but my friends weft hair was gorgeous.

I've tried many more but this is a good start :-)
Thanks for the reviews.

I know im late but i might be getting hair from SM.

UPDATE: I purchased my Sassy Mitchell hair and installed it. This is the best hair ive ever bought. Now, I havent tried other high end companies like Wagman's so i cant compare. I got the Brazilian tight curly which is the curliest they have. I drove almost an hour to pick up the hair at her house.

-It's so lightweight. Its close to my hair texture but the curl pattern is more like a 3b/c and im a 4a but i can make it work. This is the 3rd time ive gotten a curly install and the others(Bobbi Boss and another independent retailer) are much heavier.

- The weft is very nicely done and not as thick. attached pics. I have a lot of hair left over i will wash it and take pics

It is expensive but i will say my impression so far justifies the price. I got 18" - $185 and 22" - $205. 4 oz each and 10% off using my student ID($351 total :nono:). She also does 10% off with a military ID.

I'll about about shedding and wear if anyone is interested

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 34
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 25
Back