Sister Soldier Project - Hair Care to Deployed Soldiers

Your Cheeziness

Thanks to Letha for finding out this info. I want to spread the word for anyone who is interested.

If you are not familiar with it, Sister Soldier Project is a donation organization that allows member to donate money which the organization will then send that amount of care products to female soldiers who are deployed overseas.

I can personally testify that it is incredibly difficult to get quality products and maintain hair while over there. The water quality is terrible and that alone can wreak havoc on hair.

You can go to www.sistersoldierproject.com and donate directly from their site.

Spread the word!

Last edited:
This is a great idea. I can only imagine how it would be to take care of hair there natural or relaxed. YIKES!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, for now I just did the postage donation, I would really like to help out, but the site needs to offer a better selection of products.

Is there any way we can send actual hair products?

You would have to contact them through the website. I agree that the selection can be a bit more vast, but it truly is the original principle this organization is building on. I love it. But yes, check with them on the site for specific donations.

yeah, I would want to mke sure they get quality products. Do they choose what they want?

thanks

As a donator you can pick which package you want to send them or contact the company directly. I'm going to send this thread link to the coordinator who has emailed me to see if they can shed more info on the project.

Here is an email from Myraline from today:

Hair2Toe Beauty,

We receive requests from Soldiers in the Middle East Theatre every day. We will ship 100 hair care packages Thursday, December 10, thanks in large part to our sponsors, volunteers, and Toyota Motor Sales African American Collaborative. We will still have 20 Soldiers on our waiting list to receive hair care packages. Our next sponsored Packing Party is not until March 15, 2010. Your generous offer will greatly assist the soldiers who cannot wait another three months for hair care packages. Thank you for your support of the Sister Soldier Project.

All the best,

Myraline

Sister Soldier Project, LLC

Post Office Box 1311

Grover Beach, CA 93483

www.sistersoldierproject.com

Hey ladies, I would like to follow up with the founder of this project. Has anyone made a donation or have any questions?

(I receive NO BENEFIT for this. It is just something I believe in as a veteran especially having started my hair journey while deployed overseas.)

Thx!

Back