Sister Helping Another Sister Out

Country gal

Ladies, I just wanted to share a good experience I had yesterday. I was trying to buy a deep wave iron and was clueless. This sister really broke it down for me. She told me about Thermal stoves and irons. She even helped me pick out the right deep wave iron for my hair. She even showed me how to use the iron and what to put on my hair. Just helping a sister out. Wanted to share the story because sometimes we harp on the negative. She was so helpful and cool. I just wish I could have told her that she needed to get rid of the frizzy weave. She probadly would have learned alot from the board. But I didn't want to come at her the wrong way so I just didn't say anything about the weave.

That's nice and really encouraging, I wish more women behaved like this
smile.gif

sbaker, you know how to use a stove? My Mom gave me one for Christmas and I burned my hair out in two places. Do you have any tips for using one? I know its O/T... but I could use a little help
smile.gif

What do you put on your hair before using the iron?

And it is a wonderful thing when we help each other out; you are right about that!

Thursdaygirl- The lady told me to use a white towel and clean the deep wave iron because of buildup. I attempted to do it yesterday. It was scary process. I bought a thermal flat iron and will use it tonight. I use curl wax before applying heat to my hair. I section my hair in small parts and apply the curl wax. I then use the flat iron or deep wave iron. My hairdresser always uses curl wax on my hair before applying heating appliances. Curl wax is a must if you are using thermal heating appliances. I didn't burn my hair off, thank God. I was scared because the heat is so intense. The deep wave was really pretty. I need to experiement some more so I get a handle on the deep wave. It is a triple barrel curler. It has a life time warranty from the store I bought it from. I like it better than the ceramic flat iron. I am going to deep wave my hair before my date on Thursday. I will let you know how it turns out. By the way, I just used the Dudley curl wax and it was worth the $7. It makes my hair look so shiny and soft.

Back