Sistas Place - Natural Laxer

I used it a few times when I was natural.

It is definitely not a relaxer or a texturiser - it's not a chemical at all and does not straighten - it's quite gentle.

It did not have a dramatic effect on my hair. That was probably partly because I did not do it with heat from a dryer - just a hot towel and shower cap. The instructions do say you're to leave it on for twice as long if you're not sitting under a dryer, but even that didn't produce a dramatic effect for me.

I think even with the heat it is supposed to be a very gradual treatment. I was told I might have to do several treatments before seeing a marked effect. I suppose it made my hair slightly easier to comb through, and made it clump and the curls/coils slightly more defined. I remember once I did it and thought it hadn't made much of a difference, but a white friend kept staring at my hair and asking what I'd done to it. I suppose she had noticed something.

I would think it behaves similar to henna (I've heard some people speak of a loosening effect with henna) and is a similar substance to deal with - it's herbal, the consistency, you apply it as a paste, etc.

I used it a few times when I was natural.

It is definitely not a relaxer or a texturiser - it's not a chemical at all and does not straighten - it's quite gentle.

It did not have a dramatic effect on my hair. That was probably partly because I did not do it with heat from a dryer - just a hot towel and shower cap. The instructions do say you're to leave it on for twice as long if you're not sitting under a dryer, but even that didn't produce a dramatic effect for me.

I think even with the heat it is supposed to be a very gradual treatment. I was told I might have to do several treatments before seeing a marked effect. I suppose it made my hair slightly easier to comb through, and made it clump and the curls/coils slightly more defined. I remember once I did it and thought it hadn't made much of a difference, but a white friend kept staring at my hair and asking what I'd done to it. I suppose she had noticed something.

I would think it behaves similar to henna (I've heard some people speak of a loosening effect with henna) and is a similar substance to deal with - it's herbal, the consistency, you apply it as a paste, etc.

Does the loosening effect goes away after you wash it?

Back