Silk Wrap gone bad...

myeducation1st

Ok so I pre poo my hair with Le Kair cholesterol,EVOO and Jojoba oil. I let that sit for about 4 hours and then I rinsed it and shampooed with CON, then I deep conditioned my hair with QP elastic DPR-11. After I rinsed that I applied Organic Olive oil foam settting lotion. After my hair was dry I applied QP mango buttter moisturizer and wrapped it and applied saran wrap, and then sat under the dryer for another 30mins. I let the saran wrap sit over night bc I wanted to make sure It came out perfect lol. I took out my wrap this morning and my hair has no curl or bounce. Also it is very poofy!! Help what did I do wrong??:wallbash:

You probably left the saran wrap on to long causing you to sweat during the night. Just my guess.

Yes, you definitely left it on too long. You are only supposed to leave it on from 5-10 minutes under the dryer (depending on length). You can leave it wrapped for the night, but not under the saran wrap. I'm surprised your hair wasn't damp when you took it down.

Ok so I pre poo my hair with Le Kair cholesterol,EVOO and Jojoba oil. I let that sit for about 4 hours and then I rinsed it and shampooed with CON, then I deep conditioned my hair with QP elastic DPR-11. After I rinsed that I applied Organic Olive oil foam settting lotion. After my hair was dry I applied QP mango buttter moisturizer and wrapped it and applied saran wrap, and then sat under the dryer for another 30mins. I let the saran wrap sit over night bc I wanted to make sure It came out perfect lol. I took out my wrap this morning and my hair has no curl or bounce. Also it is very poofy!! Help what did I do wrong??:wallbash:
I've never let the Saran Wrap stay on my hair over night. Once I put the Saran Wrap on, I sit under the dryer for 15 - 20 minutes, then remove the Saran Wrap and put on a silk / satin scarf.

Cosign on what everyone else has said.....you left your saran wrap on too long. But, I find that if I shampoo, DC, rollerset and dry at night I can take my rollerset down, wrap my hair with a silk scarf and go to bed. When I get up in the morning....a bangin wrap with lots of body and bounce :yep: No saran wrap needed. It even works for me 8-10 weeks post, I am 4a/b

ITA with everyone

also make sure you wrap the saran wrap snuggly while you're under the dryer to make sure it comes out smooth.

I think that the Mango Butter added to the problem. It's thick...probably a lil too thick for a silky wrap.

Ya, you probably sweated. I just took my hair down from a silk/saran wrap and it came out pretty well. I used the exact amount that Macherieamour uses in her video. I stayed under my soft bonnet dryer for 15 minutes exactly, b/c I was paranoid about sweating. At first, I thought it looked funky but after I combed it down, I noticed a lot less volume and it felt sleeker. I pincurled the ends b/c I have some stuff to do around my apartment, so when I take it down this evening I hope it looks good :)

Ya, you probably sweated. I just took my hair down from a silk/saran wrap and it came out pretty well. I used the exact amount that Macherieamour uses in her video. I stayed under my soft bonnet dryer for 15 minutes exactly, b/c I was paranoid about sweating. At first, I thought it looked funky but after I combed it down, I noticed a lot less volume and it felt sleeker. I pincurled the ends b/c I have some stuff to do around my apartment, so when I take it down this evening I hope it looks good :)
I bet it's going to look pretty.

Back