Silk Therapy - Dryness problems anyone?

kedra70

I am a regular user of Silk Therapy. I've been noticing lately that my hair has been feeling dry. I used a clarifying shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner - it still feels dry.

If you've had this problem, what did you do to combat it? Did you clarify more than once? Did you stop using the Silk Therapy (please don't tell me that!!!!!)?

HELP!!!!

Kedra

How do you use it and how often?

I only use it for rollersets, but I always use a leave-in first.

I use it just about everyday. I don't use it when my hair is wet - use it for shine and (what I thought) softness.

Kedra

Yes, I used to use Silk Therapy before I knew better. It has SD Alcohol, which is very drying to the hair. There are many great serums that don't contain this ingredient and do an equal or better job than Silk Therapy.

The same thing happened to me. I tried using Silk Therapy and after the 6th day my hair was Desert Dry! I did not want to believe it because that means I wasted $18 (shampoo and serum), but a sista had to let it go!
nono.gif
I already have a hard time keeping my hair moisturized and I cannot afford to use a product that makes it worse.

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
Tee,

Can you give me some examples? Have you used the new serum by Kenra?

Thanks,
Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I haven't tried the new Kenra serum. Why don't you give it a try and do a product review?
grin.gif
I don't think it has SD Alcohol, so it should be good. Farouk Deep Brilliance makes a serum called Reflect which is pretty good. It's by the same makers of Silk Therapy, so you may like it. It is more moisturizing than the Silk Therapy and, best of all, it doesn't have SD Alcohol.

Geez, I didn't know it had alcohol in it. I should have read that before I purchased it (the generic version). Don't think I'll be using that again. Thanks for the info on what happened to your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
I am a regular user of Silk Therapy. I've been noticing lately that my hair has been feeling dry. I used a clarifying shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner - it still feels dry.

If you've had this problem, what did you do to combat it? Did you clarify more than once? Did you stop using the Silk Therapy (please don't tell me that!!!!!)?

HELP!!!!

Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the clarifying shampoo that made your hair dry. My hair has never been so dry after the first time I clarified back in May. Since I didn't grow up clarifying, I will never clarify again!
nono.gif

Hi Poohbear,

My hair was already dry before I used the clarifying shampoo. I only clarify when I notice build up. I thought the shampoo, followed by a heavy moisturizing conditioner would lessen the effects of the Silk Therapy. I only clarify about once or twice a month.

Thanks,
Kedra

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
Hi Poohbear,

My hair was already dry before I used the clarifying shampoo. I only clarify when I notice build up. I thought the shampoo, followed by a heavy moisturizing conditioner would lessen the effects of the Silk Therapy. I only clarify about once or twice a month.

Thanks,
Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo.gif
oh! okay.
wink.gif

Back