Silk Elements Relaxer

lshevonne

Ok, I was short on money and decided to try the Silk Elements since I've been hearing good things about it from people I know. (No one hear)
Well ladies so far I love it. It's only been 10 days since I did the touch up but so far so good. I even shampooed my hair 3 days after. (From The Hair Lady) Yes, I did the touch all by little self. Sectioned my hair in 4, and worked with the resisted parts first. I've done my hair before in the past so I knew I had to work fast and I did. I'll keep everyone posted. I tried the conditioner sample first and it worked good on my hair so I said hey, I'll give the relaxer a try. I remember others talking about going back to no lye. Hummm.

That might be me if this works out. It reminds me of Revlon Fabulaxer.

I use the Silk Elements Texturizer and it works great for me. I never knew they had a relaxer in their line though. Maybe I just never paid attention...but In my opinion I think that Silk Elements is good stuff! Glad your texturizer went well

I use the Silk Elements texturizer. I like it. I've used it twice and both times my hair turned out soft and pliable - no overprocessing.

I wonder why this product isn't more popular.

i did'nt know silk elements had a relaxer either... i love their mega cholesterol conditioning treatment, glossing polish, and luxury moisturizing shampoo. i hate the luxury moisturizing conditioner though.

glad you are happy w/the results.

I purchased it from Sallys. I'm surprised no one has seen it.
Well, wish me luck. I'll take some pictures sometime this week.

lshevonne said:
I purchased it from Sallys. I'm surprised no one has seen it.
Well, wish me luck. I'll take some pictures sometime this week.

I think that it is like this because I think Sally's is the only retailer that sales the Silk Element product line. I can't speak for everyone but I tend to frequent other BSS before I go to Sally's unless it is for something very specific but I definitely will be buying this relaxer again. It's too too good to be a well-kept secret!

I was thinking of trying this relaxer, the one the in the tub not the box. I want to try to use only one line of products and this is one I have had my eye on. Anyone else use this recently?

ladylibra_30 said:
i did'nt know silk elements had a relaxer either... i love their mega cholesterol conditioning treatment, glossing polish, and luxury moisturizing shampoo. i hate the luxury moisturizing conditioner though.

glad you are happy w/the results.
I like the mega cholesterol too and hated the luxury moist cond too. I never tried the others.

lshevonne said:
Ok, I was short on money and decided to try the Silk Elements since I've been hearing good things about it from people I know. (No one hear)
Well ladies so far I love it. It's only been 10 days since I did the touch up but so far so good. I even shampooed my hair 3 days after. (From The Hair Lady) Yes, I did the touch all by little self. Sectioned my hair in 4, and worked with the resisted parts first. I've done my hair before in the past so I knew I had to work fast and I did. I'll keep everyone posted. I tried the conditioner sample first and it worked good on my hair so I said hey, I'll give the relaxer a try. I remember others talking about going back to no lye. Hummm.

That might be me if this works out. It reminds me of Revlon Fabulaxer.
Some ladies in Sallys was talking bout how good the relaxer was, it was in a box and one also said the hair grease was good too, I think one was pinkish and the other she mention was green/blue. Bout a week or 2 ago Sallys had buy relaxer get the grease free.

Taya said:
Some ladies in Sallys was talking bout how good the relaxer was, it was in a box and one also said the hair grease was good too, I think one was pinkish and the other she mention was green/blue. Bout a week or 2 ago Sallys had buy relaxer get the grease free.

I thought the silk elements in the box was no-lye, I may be mistaking

sassyhair said:
I thought the silk elements in the box was no-lye, I may be mistaking
Yes it is, but the lady said it was good on her hair. I haven't used it though.

I just self relaxed last week with Silk Elements Lye Relaxer for Coarse hair and had a wonderful outcome. Afterward I used Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor. This will be my relaxer of choice. My last relaxer was a Vitale.

Back