Silk Elements Products.

La Colocha

Hi ladies i know alot of you like the megasilk moisturizing treatment, but does anyone use the shampoo, conditoner, moisturizer ect. If so how long have you been using the products and how do they work for you? tia

I use the conditioner and my hair is left soft and silky afterwards. The moisturizng treatment is the only thing I use to DC besides Alter Ego w/ garlic. I heard alot of people liking the Heat Protectant, but it made my hair too oily, so I have a full bottle that I refuse to use again.

I have the Silk Elements MegaSilk Luxury Conditioner. I use as a Co-Wash when I am preparing to Henna/Indigo My Hair.

When using Henna/Indigo, I look for the most Moisturizing Products to Co-Wash with that I have in my Stash -- to Avoid Potential Dryness, and SE MegaSilk Luxury Conditioner totally takes care of that.

I read in another Thread it contains: "Mineral Oil", but it works fine for me as a once-in-awhile Co-Wash Conditioner when using Henna.

I also have the SE Heat Protect, which I haven't used.

Please post your review. Thanks

The only thing I've tried from the line and didn't like was the Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment. No complaints about anything else.

I use the conditioner (for cowashes and after shampooing). I like it. I use the mousse sometimes for braid outs and I really like that. You name it and I've probably tried it. I love SE products.

I use the relaxer, moisturizing shampoo and condish (only when relaxing though).

I also use the heat protectant when I flat iron.

I will be using the SE until I've used my remaining relaxer then switching to Mizani or Affirm.

I use the relaxer in Mild, the conditioner, the megasilk moisturizing treatment and heat protectant before I blow dry

The great thing about the products is that all of them detangle very well and leave your hair silky. Must be all those silk amino acids.

But I find that regular use leaves my hair very dry and prone to split ends. I have to rotate Silk Elements products or clarify every other use.

The relaxer remains the best I've ever used.

The great thing about the products is that all of them detangle very well and leave your hair silky. Must be all those silk amino acids.

But I find that regular use leaves my hair very dry and prone to split ends. I have to rotate Silk Elements products or clarify every other use.

The relaxer remains the best I've ever used.

By regular use do you mean every day or once a week? Im going to use the moisturizing treatment once a week or once every 2 weeks would that be too much?

i actually like the Silk Elements Luxury Shampoo. it melted my tangles, and made my hair really soft. the conditioner was so-so. i felt it didn't moisturize my hair as well as the shampoo. i'll give it another go again until i've finished the tube.

By regular use do you mean every day or once a week? Im going to use the moisturizing treatment once a week or once every 2 weeks would that be too much?

I mean using the conditioners every week, and the styling products every day or every other day.

Put it this way, Silk Elements can't be the only thing I use for my hair.

alright. i tried a few more Silk Element products tonight.

Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment: it was okay... i was being cheap and bought the little packet so i didn't have enough to cover my hair lol. it smelled really good like jolly ranchers. it did make my hair softer, and provided some slip. it was really easy to detangle my hair, even though i washed it upside down in the sink. i was shocked because i was able to use a small tooth comb and glide it through my hair, which hasn't been relaxed since feb.

Megasilk Heat Protection Spray: i like it! it made my hair soft and shiny, and i feel like it did protect my hair. i didn't have a lot of smoke, or that nasty burnty hair smell. it didn't make my hair hard and stick either.

Silk Elements Glossing Polish: i like this stuff. my hair is really shiny, without being weighed down or sticky.

Using the glosser and the heat protectant together, my hair still has lots of body and movement.

alright. i tried a few more Silk Element products tonight.

Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment: it was okay... i was being cheap and bought the little packet so i didn't have enough to cover my hair lol. it smelled really good like jolly ranchers. it did make my hair softer, and provided some slip. it was really easy to detangle my hair, even though i washed it upside down in the sink. i was shocked because i was able to use a small tooth comb and glide it through my hair, which hasn't been relaxed since feb.

Megasilk Heat Protection Spray: i like it! it made my hair soft and shiny, and i feel like it did protect my hair. i didn't have a lot of smoke, or that nasty burnty hair smell. it didn't make my hair hard and stick either.

Silk Elements Glossing Polish: i like this stuff. my hair is really shiny, without being weighed down or sticky.

Using the glosser and the heat protectant together, my hair still has lots of body and movement.

I got the jar and i had the same results, Not bad at all.

I've used SE regular relaxer for 3 yrs. LOVE the hair mayo - 2-3 yrs too.

The Mega Cholesterol is wonderful - no other cholesterol product has worked well for me.

The price point is great and the products always fresh!

I use the relaxer and I love it! I also added the daily moisturizer to my rotation (the regular, not the olive oil one), and it does well. Nothing to write home about, but it is good enough to moisturize before I seal with my oils (castor/coconut or vatika).

When I fist joined the hairboards, I tried the shampoo and conditioner (rinse out) and the heat protectant spray. The shampoo was just ok. The conditioner didn't do too much, it was average (I wasn't DCing at the time). The heat protectant spray cooked. My hair sizzled and popped with this. Could have been because I was using too much though, which is why I prefer heat protecting serums over sprays --there is more application control.

Last edited:
Back