Silk Elements No-Lye Relaxer

mango387

I have read the (mostly) rave reviews of the Silk Elements Lye Relaxer, and it saddens me that lye and my hair fight each other :swordfigh. I saw someone else asked about the no-lye version, but there seemed to have been only one person who had used it. Has anyone else used it with any success?
BTW, I am a 4a/4b.

Well, I personally dont use the no lye version. But, I know a girl that does, and her hair is pretty and healthy looking. Its a little past her shoulders.

I have used everything from Mizani to Affirm and other lye relaxers, and they do not seem to last. I know it may sound crazy, but my hair is initially silky and smooth. About two weeks later, I'm like "What happened?" I have been to 'hood salons and prestigious salons and the same thing seems to happen. However, when my mom slaps an "ole cheap no-lye" in my hair (b/c I am a student and money gets tight occasionally), my hair seems to say straighter longer. Fortunately, neither lyes nor no-lyes damage my hair per se (at least, people say my hair is thick and healthy), but I prefer no-lye.

mango387 said:
I have used everything from Mizani to Affirm and other lye relaxers, and they do not seem to last. I know it may sound crazy, but my hair is initially silky and smooth. About two weeks later, I'm like "What happened?" I have been to 'hood salons and prestigious salons and the same thing seems to happen. However, when my mom slaps an "ole cheap no-lye" in my hair (b/c I am a student and money gets tight occasionally), my hair seems to say straighter longer. Fortunately, neither lyes nor no-lyes damage my hair per se (at least, people say my hair is thick and healthy), but I prefer no-lye.
Okay I see. I think you should try it. Silk Elements is really hot right now. I dont think you will be disappointed if you picked the no lye. By the way, I hear that ORS no lye is great, too. Good luck girlie!:p

msshic said:
I was underprocessed by Silk Elements no-lye, I ended up going back to my ORS Olive Oil. HTH

Msshic, do you remember if you used the regular or the coarse formula of both the Silk Elements and the ORS?

I know this is old but I have narrowed down my potential relaxers to vitale no lye or silk elements no lye since I cannot use lye anymore my scalp and hair is too sensitive.

I wonder if anyone else is using silk elements no lye with success?

When I was relaxed, SE no-lye was my relaxer of choice. It consistently gave me silky straight, mega soft and shiny hair each and every time. No underprocessing, no reversion, just perfect results.

I tried them all, from ORS to Profectiv and nothing else compares.

This relaxer was awesome for my hair. I am really honest when say it is one of the best relaxers I've ever used. I am natural now and if I ever did go back to relaxing, I would use the SE no lye. No burning and no relaxer smell.:yep: The best texlax relaxer I've used is Revlon Realistic lye relaxer.

Wow where were you lot when I tried to find relaxers. I today used Phyto 1 (again) with good results it got my roots very straight and my previously relaxed hair has body. I was on the lookout for a more easily accessible relaxer. I'll definitely keep this in mind:yep:

Wow where were you lot when I tried to find relaxers. I today used Phyto 1 (again) with good results it got my roots very straight and my previously relaxed hair has body. I was on the lookout for a more easily accessible relaxer. I'll definitely keep this in mind

Exactly, I was looking for something more accessible too (I don't have to order it online) and inexpensive yet quality.

Back