Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Relaxer

:nono::nono::nono: No, No, No. :nono::nono::nono: Don't do it. I used the SE Lye mild w/ Shea Butter for about 2 years now with no problems whatsoever. I ran out and Sally's only had the Olive Oil one in mild so I tried it. :nono: Boy I wish I hadn't :wallbash:. Just like some reviews on here, exactly around the 5 week post mark I started shedding like a dog. No lie.:perplexed I didn't bother looking for any reviews since I really had to make a choice there on the spot. Soooo, to make a long story short....I am switching from my beloved SE to Alter Ego's Linage lye relaxer. Very good reviews on that one. :yep:

:nono::nono::nono: No, No, No. :nono::nono::nono: Don't do it. I used the SE Lye mild w/ Shea Butter for about 2 years now with no problems whatsoever. I ran out and Sally's only had the Olive Oil one in mild so I tried it. :nono: Boy I wish I hadn't :wallbash:. Just like some reviews on here, exactly around the 5 week post mark I started shedding like a dog. No lie.:perplexed I didn't bother looking for any reviews since I really had to make a choice there on the spot. Soooo, to make a long story short....I am switching from my beloved SE to Alter Ego's Linage lye relaxer. Very good reviews on that one. :yep:

So sorry to hear that. I would have grabbed it in an emergency as well. I will try the Alter Ego one day but for now I'm sticking to my SE Shea Butter in Regular.

So sorry to hear that. I would have grabbed it in an emergency as well. I will try the Alter Ego one day but for now I'm sticking to my SE Shea Butter in Regular.

Definitely a good choice. After that experience/ scare, I just want to try something different. I received the Linage one Friday. The ingredients are almost identical to SE, but SE has other oils/butters added to it. SE seems like it may be the better brand :ohwell:, Hmmm, we'll see.

I used the SE Olive Oil Lye on Nov 1st. I'll try to remember to post in 5 weeks or so if there are adverse effects.

ETA: I love the results.

~Dee

Back